What CRP does IceWindDale2 have?

I searched using clony xxl and notta.

Anyhelp would be great!

I just did a SEARCH for “icewind” and found many a result, i just learnt was protection Icewind 2 is using and the best way to bypass it in 4 seconds.

lets see how long it takes you ?

Screenshot from Clone Down & Dirty Pt 1

and a shot from the link

…good for games that have been out a little while

…and a shot from GCW

Originally posted by Huzzy
[B]I just did a SEARCH for “icewind” and found many a result, i just learnt was protection Icewind 2 is using and the best way to bypass it in 4 seconds.

lets see how long it takes you ? [/B]

Huzzy:

I asked the same question in a later post without realizing that the question had already been asked here. I am somewhat surprise by your reply. I have always felt that a main purpose of this forum was to help the not so knowledgeable CloneCD user to make legitimate backups of PC games. Your reply seems to indicate that anyone asking for help must participate in some kind of contest. I would expect far more from a genuinely dedicated moderator.

Perhaps FutureProof or G@M3FR3@K could provide the answer to my question?

FutureProof:

Your reply seems to relate to the original release of Icewind Dale. The query is about Icewind Dale II Forgotten Realms. Am I missing something? Sorry if I am.

I tried the search, too, and it worked…

so…all that wasted time and theres still no answer for me.

I’m beginning to lose faith in this forum.

I repeat its Ice Wind Dale 2

and im simply asking what CRP it has!

but no one cares i guess…

this is what i got out of my original search on the forums…

"Icewind Dale II doesn’t have ANY protection at all, just a CD-Check. "

i was simply dub checking becuase i don’t know if thats the truth or not!

so if anyone can know help me as to what CPR this Damn Game Has…it would be much appreciated.
:a :a :a :a :a

I also am frustrated with the apparent lack of respect that Newbies are extended by Huzzy and Alexnoe. The questions asked by SPJB and I are legitimate and members of this forum should not be required to enter some search contest in order to obtain the answers to their questions.

Perhaps FutureProof and G@M3FR3@K should take another look at the moderator credentials of Huzzy and Alexnoe?

I also conducted a search to try find the copy protection scheme that was used for Icewind Dale II (2) and came up with the “NO PROTECTION” answer also obtained by SPJB. I doubted the accuracy of this information since the original version of Icewind Dale used the Laserlock copy protection scheme. This is the reason why I decided to post my query. I did not expect to be insulted!

Moderators, please stop fooling with us and give us the answer we are seeking, that is, if you actually know the answer! If you don’t have the answer then be frank with us and tell us you don’t have the answer!

:a :a :a :a :a

Maybe they found out that copy protections are ineffective and therefore dropped it. Don’t forget that using copy protections always requires a license fee.
There are several games without any protection, such as RTCW. It’s not at all impossible that ID2 hasn’t any either.

Alexnoe:

Thank you for your reply. Correct me if I am wrong, but I gather from you reply that you are not sure if Icewind Dale II uses any copy protection. Is that correct?

With regard to Return to Castle Wolfenstein, while there is no copy protection per say, it still uses a CD key to ensure that the user is legitimate.

okie dokie smokie~

ill try the game prof in clone

@ MYSENS

Thankyou for allowing me to reply.
before i posted my reply about using the search function, i actually used it myself, to be sure that the answer was there.
i took me all of 4 seconds (as stated in my original post)

Icewind Dale II doesn’t have ANY protection at all, just a CD-Check.

this quote was taken from a thread, posted by someone who had just copied the game.

I suggest in future, when searching for something, you actually read the text below the headings. And dont come here expecting a hand out, if you want information work for it, the rest of us have, why should you get it any easier.

Enjoy icewind dale 2
Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss this further.

Originally posted by spjb
[B]so…all that wasted time and theres still no answer for me.
I’m beginning to lose faith in this forum.

but no one cares i guess…
[/B]

Im sorry i did not give you the answer you desired.
Its rather obvious that you have NOT even tried to back up your game, perhaps had you of experimented you would of confirmed what you saw on this Forum, (the one that you are loosing faith in) that the game has in fact no copy protection.

As for the “but no one cares” line, self pity is not something that people tolerate around here, welcome to the real world. I hope you mature swiftly.

As i said to mysens, feel free to PM me to discuss this further,

Originally posted by MySens
I also conducted a search to try find the copy protection scheme that was used for Icewind Dale II (2) and came up with the “NO PROTECTION” answer also obtained by SPJB. I doubted the accuracy of this information since the original version of Icewind Dale used the Laserlock copy protection scheme.

No surprise at all here. The game is a Bioware title released after it’s disastrous experience with NWN 1.21 and 1.22 and as a consequence of which Bioware has dropped copy protections altogether.

Again, thanks philamber for your helpful reply. It is refreshing to see that this forum does in fact have a few helpful individuals. You along with the two very caring administrators happen to fall into that category. Enough said on this matter!

:slight_smile:

This Forum is Moderated by me and G@M3FR3@K, and I apologise for all the confusion. I have been otherwise engaged lately evidenced by my lack of postings lately.

To be quite frank a lot of work does go into many of the replies in this forum from Mods and members alike. Handouts are the bane of a Moderator’s life and it is easy to become sensitized to certain types of posts. Ordinarily, you won’t get better replies anywhere else on the web about such a large range of topics and specifics. Many sites fall into the trap of being mere chat lines which ‘corrupts’ the search function, if indeed the site features one. This site does feature one of the best search functions you can use. I take care, most of the time, to include keywords in my replies as well as the post heading so that my posts often show up in a search result. Everyone else should consider this when posting, too.

I suppose the perfect post includes information about searches done to date but members often want a quick answer and most of the time they deserve one. Personally, I judge most posts based on my interaction with the member to date and their number of posts. There are members with hundreds of posts who remain either lunatics or almost completely ignorant and I’m not suggesting that anyone in this thread falls into those categories, I just want you to get the idea that responses are based on some unwritten rules and various criteria. Additionally, this is not to say that ‘shit-eating-grinners’ deserve any less attention or care than someone else.

I have 6 posts racked up at AMDMB.com as FutureProof. Given that they have little or no idea who I am, I can rush in and say “Help!!! My MoBo won’t recognise anything more than 128 MB of RAM; TIA”, I’ll get a nice little answer or request for further info because my post count is low (and I’m very polite :)). On the other hand, at viaarena.com, I have to be a little more careful because I’ve shot my mouth off a few times, got some serious numbers racked up and have a little ‘rep’ for driver/CD issues.

On another site, again as FutureProof, I’m the resident “Evil Experienced Member” because the Forums attract idiots and I tell 'em to use the search function, stop leeching, get a life, that sort of thing - it works for the Mods.

What I like to see is some responsibility taken by the members themselves. I have said many times not to rely on protection scanners alone but to experiment…

I got a bargain bin game just the other day. I whacked into a reader and chose my “Test” read profile which has no tricks. I opened the Log Window and watched what happened. This little fellow had SD2 because I could see the error patterns matched safedisc (rather than ProtectCD or LaserLock) and my 163D was choking without FES “on”. I stopped the read, switched to my SD2 read profile and Bob was my uncle.

LaserLock patterns are easy enough to recognise…your reader will go haywire and the Log will show the gross errors which look nothing like SD. You can view a LaserLock Log by searching for keyword “LaserLock” and member “FutureProof” in the CloneCD Forum

What if there were no errors? Continue with the Test read and check for SecuROM using D-Tools Phantom CD-ROM without emulation. No good? Then it’s most likely SecuROM so I do another read using my SecuROM profile. If you buy new games or unknown ones often enough then you have to experiment and let EVERYONE ELSE know your results.

The alternative is to just use the default Game profile and TEST the image in D-Tools :wink:

If someone’s tried the search, read the sticky posts/FAQ and is confused or dumb struck then they’ll get all the sympathy in the world. Leeching, like Trolling is a problem for Forums. Given that everyone here is just a regular guy or girl some members will be, unfortunately, swept into the Leech/Troll net unnecessarily. It happens and I’m sorry that it happens. I have in my minds eye, the type of post that asks about CP for a game title. Before you post, ask yourself about the relationship you have with the site, your post count and whether you have really tried to answer it yourself. Because if you can then you can help someone else. If you want a quick answer then say that. Tell everyone, that currently, “I’m feeling lazy and want to bludge this response from someone who may know off the top of their head.” :wink:

As a general observation, the best defence against perceived harrasment, for wont of a better word, of any sort, is courtesy returned. I hope that visitors and members remain an understanding bunch and take this thread with the grain of salt it deserves. Everyone, be :cool:

Originally posted by FutureProof
and Bob was my uncle.

Not to mention your former prime minister. :stuck_out_tongue: