What CDR Media To Buy?

vbimport

I am a DJ. The CDs I burn will be used daily and need to perform. I don’t mind paying top dollar for some really good media. (it is part of what makes me money after all) What I’m looking for are exceptional CDR In Manufacture and reliability I have researched the different dyes and coatings and im just more confused then ever! Could someone advise me as to what CD’s are the best simply the most reliable durable and pristine I don’t care if they are not 52X I’m happy to burn at 1X if it means a “Proper” CD of archive quality with durability for daily use.

I’m sorry if this sounds any way but me trying to get the absolute best tools for my craft.

Any response is greatly appreciated

-Andi

The best available cds at the present time are Taiyo Yuden. At least, that is the general consensus of opinion around here.

You can buy them directly from online shops like rima.com or supermediastore.com if you are in the US. They can also be found under the Maxell Pro cd line for music or video.

All TY is made in Japan, so you can check the cakeboxes for country of manufacture if you are in the US, where such information is required on the packaging.

[quote=andisian;2145259]I am a DJ. The CDs I burn will be used daily and need to perform. I don’t mind paying top dollar for some really good media. (it is part of what makes me money after all) What I’m looking for are exceptional CDR In Manufacture and reliability I have researched the different dyes and coatings and im just more confused then ever! Could someone advise me as to what CD’s are the best simply the most reliable durable and pristine I don’t care if they are not 52X I’m happy to burn at 1X if it means a “Proper” CD of archive quality with durability for daily use.

I’m sorry if this sounds any way but me trying to get the absolute best tools for my craft.

Any response is greatly appreciated

-Andi[/quote]
[B]Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden [/B]is all I can say :wink:

Taiyo Yuden manufactured CD-R media is the best in my opinion.

I wouldn’t recommend just any Verbatim CD-R media - they rebrand some mediocre stuff as well as some good stuff.

Verbatim Pastel CD-R (available in Europe) is manufactured by Taiyo Yuden and I’d recommend those.

Verbatim Super AZO (old name) or Verbatim AZO (new name) is perhaps the second best generally available CD-R.

If you can find Fujifilm CD-R that are Made in Germany, those are also very good.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

I have seen these before …

http://www.verbatim.com/products/detail.cfm?product_id=17EB1B87-A2F1-439E-80C978607CE58BB9&cat_id=980D3EE0-28C3-4134-B728BAE68C3BC40D

They feel thick, and look really well made VS some other media that feels flimsy to me. Any thoughts on these?

I’m having trouble locating the manufacturer of any specific media very few brands are carried in the stores so I have to resort to online purchase which isnt so great when you have a specific question.

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-cd-r-media-cdr-media.html

free shipping

@ andisian Those look like the AZO Verbatims mentioned by DrageMester.

I still think you would be better off with these: http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=R&Category_Code=TY

If fingerprints on the glossy lacquer varieties bother you, get the TY WaterShield versions (expensive) or the white inkjet printable ones.

Edit: Looks like Troy found a good deal on shipping.