What CD-Rs are the best for Audio?

vbimport

Hi

I use CD-Rs a lot for burning to audio, which is the best for audio?

thanks

Hi and Welcome!

you can’t go wrong with CD-R made by Taiyo Yuden. The best media you can feed your burner with.

Forget media sold as “audio CD-R” since the only difference is a special marking allowing standalone HiFi CD-recorders to use that media, along with higher levies.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2075123]Hi and Welcome!

you can’t go wrong with CD-R made by Taiyo Yuden. The best media you can feed your burner with.

Forget media sold as “audio CD-R” since the only difference is a special marking allowing standalone HiFi CD-recorders to use that media, along with higher levies.

Michael[/QUOTE]I wholeheartedly concur with mciahel recommendations. :iagree: - I’m not a TY fanboy for DVDRs, but for CD-Rs, no question, TY is the king, specially for audio discs. :bow:
Just don’t burn them too fast (<= @24X), so you get low jitter, which could make a positive difference in some players if you have very picky ears.

Whatever you do, don’t buy the GQ brand from Fry’s. I was burned badly (pun intended) as those discs stop playing and garble after about three years or so. Pay a little bit extra for the name brand but you will be able to preserve what you burn for much longer time than the cheapies (GQ).

[QUOTE=mciahel;2075123]Hi and Welcome!

Michael[/QUOTE]

Yep, and yep :iagree:…for CDR, it has to be TY.

Franck also brings up an important point with burning speed. I like to burn audio at 16x, just personal preference though. :slight_smile:

And welcome to the forum, flatlinerz :flower:

thanks guys for the warm welcomes:) I use Nero how do I make it 24X speed?

Nero tutorials