What Burning Program can i Best use to record PS2 Games on a Disk? (Re-posting)

vbimport

(Re-posting from an incorrect forum place. Wish I could delete it there somehow :doh:~)

I want to record Dark Cloud 2 and a few more games on disks to play them on my PS2, but I don’t know what program to use best and how to use them. I know there is Nero 6 and Alcohol 120% who are pretty good and require Deamon Tools to Mount Image and all and also that the .iso files have to be burnt on the disk by the speed not more than x4, but how exactly to do it and with what program, I don’t know. Can anyone suggest anything good and teach me? Thank you :smiley:

[QUOTE=Flaming-Aubergine;2589843](Re-posting from an incorrect forum place. Wish I could delete it there somehow :doh:~)[/QUOTE]
I’ve closed it for you. :slight_smile:

As to how to make back-up copies of your original PS2 discs, what method is easiest depends upon whether the original disc is a cd or dvd.

If it is a dvd (as most PS2 games are), the easiest method is use ImgBurn to make an image in .iso read mode and then use ImgBurn in .iso write mode to burn that image to a blank dvd-r.

If it is a cd, it may have libcrypt copy protection so the easiest way is to use alcohol 120% to make an image using Playstation 2 datatype settings (use mds/mdf format) and then use alcohol 120% to burn that image to a blank cdr again using Playstation 2 datatype settings.

There is no need to mount images on virtual drives nor any real need to worry overmuch about reading or writing speeds (though I would limit burning speed for a dvd to say 8x and for a cd to say 16x).

You cannot use a rewritable as the back-up copy won’t work and, of course, your PS2 will have to have a mod-chip (or you will need some other boot method) for the back-up copies to work.

[QUOTE=philamber;2589895]I’ve closed it for you. :slight_smile:

[/QUOTE]

Thank you : D

Of course my PS2 has a mod-chip. Otherwise I wouldn’t have started trying to record things on disks to start with xD only thing is, I don’t rly want to copy games from the ones I already have. I want to burn a game from my pc (that I’ve downloaded) to a disk. Also I’ve tried before with maaaany programs (Nero, Alcohol, Imgburn and several others) to record on Dvd-r disks with the speed of x6 an x8 many times, and none of them worked. The disks didn’t even support x4 ,coz it never appeared in the drop down menu, and even once in somekinda program (forgot what it was called nao) there were all speeds, not depending on what was the disk, even x1, x2, x3… and when I picked on x4, the disk didn’t even start to spin o.o. Alright ,I already understood the disks were kinda weird (coz it was somekidna special pack containing 10 disks in one package… uugh, never gonna buy packs ever again ,just separate disks)

but yeah, if what you said I can just exclude the ‘copying from disk’ part and still do as you said, then cool! : D also, I saw my brother use Daemon Tools when he was recording on alcohol 120%. plus what do you mean by ‘Playstation 2 datatype settings’ anyways? like if i look into it’s system and so that I would burn such as compatible with those settings? but I haven’t seen there nothing much except for just disk reading speed, time and somekidna format things.

So yh, since I’ll use dvd-r, then I need ImgBurn? do i need to use Deamon tools there? if not, then I’ll be able to handle it xD oh and THANK YOU for answering O ~ I was waiting patiently for an answer : D but I still have a lot of Questions x D;; /shot

EDIT: OH! I get it now why we need Deamon tools. It is to fool the pc as if there is an original disk inserted in to the drive, coz only data can be actually BURNed on the disk, but games have to be copied, that’s why Deamon tools exists : D ! Then I definitely need it x3 ~ runs through walls to download it

[QUOTE=Flaming-Aubergine;2589936]
Of course my PS2 has a mod-chip. Otherwise I wouldn’t have started trying to record things on disks to start with xD only thing is, I don’t rly want to copy games from the ones I already have. I want to burn a game from my pc (that I’ve downloaded) to a disk. [/QUOTE]
Ah, no. If you don’t own an original, we can’t help you. This is not a warez assistance forum. Please re-read the forum rules that you agreed to when you joined before posting again.