What burner to pick?

vbimport

From what i understand those makers are the best for optical drives.

i would like to know what drive to get for duallayer burning quality.
the better quality burning drive.

and does interface matter ? Serial or ATA. im guessing serial right ?

and finaly if it goes by tweaking and the like im guessing liteon have the best firmwares right ? but what is more important is burning quality.

could you also give me the latest models of both liteon drive and nec drive so i know what one to look for…

You could check the CD/DVD burner sub section of this forum. There is a area for Liteon and also NEC/Optiarc. You could also check the manufacturer homepage.
The interface does not influence to the burn quality. It is your decision to get a SATA or IDE drive. In an very new PC a SATA drive may be the better choice.
The Samsung SH-S202 (IDE) and SH-S203 (SATA) are also good drives IMO.

For dual-layer duty I’d give the S202 and S203 lines a skip. A Pio 112/212 or 115/215 would be a good DL choice, or maybe one of Lite-on’s newest burners. As TM already said, the interface isn’t a factor in burn quality… as long as the data arrives at the drive in a timely manner, you’re good to go.

LG, Sony, Pioneer, and Optiarc from Sony/Nec are some names to look into.

Pioneer DVR-215D 20x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer ReWriter

thanks guys i bought this drive. i hope i made the right choice…
i have loads of rioch dl media for my xbox…

i have burned a few with my Bluray Pioneer and they work but most of the time they crash with a read error.

the Liteon burner i have gives me a redundecy errors so im hopeing this drive will burn them better than the bluray pioneer drive.

[QUOTE=Plug2k7;2022386]Pioneer DVR-215D 20x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer ReWriter

thanks guys i bought this drive. i hope i made the right choice…
i have loads of rioch dl media for my xbox…

i have burned a few with my Bluray Pioneer and they work but most of the time they crash with a read error.

the Liteon burner i have gives me a redundecy errors so im hopeing this drive will burn them better than the bluray pioneer drive.[/QUOTE]

Before burning DL media is a good thing to check the burners firmware and the MID code of the disc to make sure the burner supports that disc.

The program MCSE will allow you to ‘look’ inside the firmware and to see what discs are supported, and the program CDspeed2000 will tell you the MID code under the 'Disc Info" tab… Both are free.

Personally I usually stick to 4x for a DL burn, but it all depends on the final quality.

[QUOTE=eric93se;2022451]Personally I usually stick to 4x for a DL burn…[/QUOTE]That’s a really good speed for the drive the OP bought, actually. :slight_smile: