What brand of DVD disc is this?

Folks: My Panasonic DVD deck is very picky with which DVD-R burned disc I play on it. I found my deck would accept a disc which have a serial number ZC6134-DVRH47C. I assume this disc was bought in bulk as there is no brand name on it. Do anyone know what brand name and type of disc is this? Thanks guys.

Insert the disc into your DVD recorder and then run DVD Identifier to read its ADIP info. This will tell you who manufacturered the disc and a lot more information.

have you tried using KProbe to find out the manufacturer, just install, run, select your dvd drive, then click Info>Disc.
make sure that if you have any hide ATIP programs (ie alcohol, clonecd) disabled before running the test.

ben :slight_smile:

[Edit]G@M3FR3@K, you beat me to it, shouldnt have spent the time looking for a direct download link, giving up and hosting it myself ;)[EDIT/]

hey game and 246… i d/led and tried your links…on games …here is all i got when i put a memeorex dvd+rw in my dvd drive…
ADIP Read Method 1 Not Supported ; A Firmware Upgrade Is Recommended
[13:37:59] ** Initiating ADIP Retrieval Method 2 (Copy Of ADIP)
[13:37:59] ADIP Read M2 Failed : Illegal request - Invalid field in CDB [05/24/00]
[13:37:59] ADIP Read Method 2 Requires A Written DVD+R/+RW Disc
[13:37:59] Disc Identification Did Not Complete Successfully
[13:38:34] DVD+R/+RW Medium Information Copied To Clipboard
[13:38:48] DVD+R/+RW Medium Detected. Starting Identification…
[13:38:48] ** Initiating ADIP Retrieval Method 1 (Original ADIP)
[13:38:48] ADIP Read M1 Failed : Illegal request - Invalid field in CDB [05/24/00]
[13:38:48] ADIP Read Method 1 Not Supported ; A Firmware Upgrade Is Recommended
[13:38:48] ** Initiating ADIP Retrieval Method 2 (Copy Of ADIP)
[13:38:48] ADIP Read M2 Failed : Illegal request - Invalid field in CDB [05/24/00]
[13:38:48] ADIP Read Method 2 Requires A Written DVD+R/+RW Disc
[13:38:48] Disc Identification Did Not Complete Successfully

but at the top it couldnt identify anything…like disc type…manufacturer…media type…they all said “not available”…should i try something else?

are you sure you havnt got any ATIP hiding software runing in the background?

ben :slight_smile: