What brand are the discs that came with the drive?

Hi everyone. I just got a liteon 411S and I’m loving it. The DVD+R made a great ps2 backup and plays great. The DVD+RW works in my dvd players for movies perfectly. What brand are these discs so I can buy more knowing that they will work? Thanks!

They are ricoh. But manufactured by ritek.

The DVD+R is ricohjnr01 with very good quality - notice that there is many brands manufactured by ricoh and that the quality of ricohjpnr01 discs varies greatly!

The DVD+RW is ricohjpnw11, these 4X DVD+RW discs is very hard to get outside the US. In the US they’ve been sold as memorex 4X DVD+RW.

Ok thanks, sadly I didn’t find any of those at my compusa. They do have a brand called FMI that are DVD+R and looked good. Are these ok to use or should I just spring for TDK ?

4x TDK DVD+R discs will be RICOHJPNR01’s. Out of all of the different RICOHJPNR01 discs I’ve used, I’ve had the best results with TDK branded discs…

Originally posted by Ogrt48
Ok thanks, sadly I didn’t find any of those at my compusa. They do have a brand called FMI that are DVD+R and looked good. Are these ok to use or should I just spring for TDK ?

I got a 3 pack of the Memorex 4x DVD+RW @ SEARS for 13.99. Kind of pricey but I was really happy with the disc that came with the 411s so I sprung for them. Very happy. Same code as the other, ricohjpn w11.
I only use them to test my final project then burn to DVD-R media (less expensive than +R). Use 4x Fujifilm (Taiyo Yuden) and Ritek G04 perfectly for more set-top compatibility.
Same code as the other, ricohjpn w11.

Tom