What Blu-ray reader?

Hi,

I am planning on upgrading to the new DVDFab blu-ray version but I have no blu-ray reader. As far as I can understand, far from all blu-ray readers works smoothlessy with DVD-Fab Blu-ray version.

So, I would very much appreciate if, those of you who have successfully used it to backup blu-ray movies, could tell me what brand and model you have used.

IDE, S-ATA, USB, everything is of interest. But, it must run on Windows XP Pro.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=Fota;2285906]Hi,

I am planning on upgrading to the new DVDFab blu-ray version but I have no blu-ray reader. As far as I can understand, far from all blu-ray readers works smoothlessy with DVD-Fab Blu-ray version.

So, I would very much appreciate if, those of you who have successfully used it to backup blu-ray movies, could tell me what brand and model you have used.

IDE, S-ATA, USB, everything is of interest. But, it must run on Windows XP Pro.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Good to hear you’re planning on upgrading to Blu-Ray.

I don’t want to rain on your parade, but I’m afraid you’re a little mis-informed regarding the performance of various Blu-Ray drives.

Any drive from any major manufacturer will perform well as long as the correct drivers are installed. This includes LG, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Plextor, Samsung etc… I’d be interested in knowing where you heard otherwise.

Don’t forget…whatever interface you select (and you’ll want to select one similar to the other hardware you have installed), the cost doesn’t stop there…Blu-Ray blanks aren’t cheap, and you’ll probably growl alot at any coasters. Then, there’s the cost of a new BD player, and the TV that will display the full glory of Blu-Ray, and the sound system that’ll give you a real audio experience…

Not to mention the cost of the films, themselves…

But also bear in mind that, as far as DVDFab is currently concerned, Blu-Ray is a work-in-progress, and may not deliver satisfying results until Fengtao has updated the routines to do more.

If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, by all means, go out and get the hardware you want…just remember that you will probably end up waiting a bit to get the results you really want.

OC

:slight_smile: