What are your plans for New Year's Eve?

vbimport

Although it is over a month away and there are several celebrations before that (Halloween, Hadj, Sinterklaas, Christmas, ??), but I decided to make plans for New Year’s Eve early this year…

Had planned for a small party at my place with some friends, but some couples decided they want to celebrate it on their own…so they abandon me :wink: But I have not yet given up!

So, what are your plans?

Sit at home with the wife and watch a couple good movies :bigsmile:

I’ll be at home, too. :slight_smile:

I could go out as my step-dad has a gig, but I know it’ll be packed…and a packed pub on Christmas Eve will be enough for me, so I’ll pass on going out on New Year’s.

So…at home, curled up on the couch, watching TV with my kitty. :slight_smile:

Edinburgh, Princess street for the Hogmanay party.
It will be cold and perhaps wet, but the music will be great and the atmosphere incredible.
There may also be some booze about. :slight_smile:
We have tickets booked.

Sigh…and here I was planning on taking Lin out dining and dancing the night away. Guess I’ll have to cancel those plane tickets. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Seriously, scheduling New Years celebrations a whole month ahead? I’m lucky if I know what is happening tomorrow! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dee;2468833]Edinburgh, Princess street for the Hogmanay party.
It will be cold and perhaps wet, but the music will be great and the atmosphere incredible.
There may also be some booze about. :slight_smile:
We have tickets booked.

http://www.edinburghshogmanay.com/[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, looks like it’ll be a great night Dee! Scotland looks like the best place to celebrate New Year’s :bow:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2468834]Sigh…and here I was planning on taking Lin out dining and dancing the night away. Guess I’ll have to cancel those plane tickets. :stuck_out_tongue: :D[/QUOTE]

Rats :doh: :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2468835]Oh wow, looks like it’ll be a great night Dee! Scotland looks like the best place to celebrate New Year’s :bow:[/QUOTE]I’m a bit biased, but it is the best :slight_smile:
Come up here, it aint that far. :wink:
http://www.edinburghshogmanay.com/content/video/2410/

[QUOTE=Dee;2468843]I’m a bit biased, but it is the best :slight_smile:
Come up here, it aint that far. :wink:
http://www.edinburghshogmanay.com/content/video/2410/[/QUOTE]

Hehehe :smiley:

I have actually made plans to visit Edinburgh (all agreed with my mum!), but unfortunately it won’t be til after the New Year. :wink:

^ Let me know when, maybe we can meet up for some shopping and a drink :wink:

[QUOTE=Dee;2468868]^ Let me know when, maybe we can meet up for some shopping and a drink ;)[/QUOTE]

That would be brilliant :iagree:

[QUOTE=Da_Taxman;2468825]Although it is over a month away and there are several celebrations before that (Halloween, Hadj, Sinterklaas, Christmas, ??), but I decided to make plans for New Year’s Eve early this year…

Had planned for a small party at my place with some friends, but some couples decided they want to celebrate it on their own…so they abandon me :wink: But I have not yet given up!

So, what are your plans?[/QUOTE]

hummm i think i must have had my invite lost in the mail or something…:rolleyes:

I would be in one of these Hollywood dancing places and after midnight in Hollywood Blvd getting “New Year” kiss from passing by Gals.

new years eve i be flying back home from florida with the wife .were flying to tampa xmas day . to be with her mom and are daughter !

Steak and Lobster with a good bottle of Merlot.

Some night skiing and a hot tub party.

:cool::cool:

I never go out on amateur drinkers night. I also hate driving in the US on Thanksgiving as that day has more car accidents/deaths of any day all year here in the US.

We’re staying home today (Thanksgiving).

[QUOTE=TCAS;2469049]I would be in one of these Hollywood dancing places and after midnight in Hollywood Blvd getting “New Year” kiss from passing by Gals.[/QUOTE]
have I partied with you before? :smiley:

probably home with the family.

I’ve three Christmas dinners to go to then on Christmas Day it’s over to my brother’s house for the main event with the whole family.

They all come over to our house on New Years Eve to bring in the New Year in style!

Then it’s the post Christmas diet to try and recover my normal svelte and athletically formed self (if you believe that then you’ll believe anything). :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2469683]I’ve three Christmas dinners to go to then on Christmas Day it’s over to my brother’s house for the main event with the whole family.

They all come over to our house on New Years Eve to bring in the New Year in style!

Then it’s the post Christmas diet to try and recover my normal svelte and athletically formed self (if you believe that then you’ll believe anything). :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Is three enough? There’s a spare dinner going here if you can fit that in as well :bigsmile::bigsmile:

Haha, I wonder how many of us will be consciously trying to shed a pound or two after the festivities are over. I’ll be the first to stick up a paw. :o

[QUOTE=Arachne;2469820]Is three enough?
Haha, I wonder how many of us will be consciously trying to shed a pound or two after the festivities are over. I’ll be the first to stick up a paw. :o[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! :bigsmile: me too I’ll be the second one to raise my hand I’m going to try to
loose some extra lbs and get back down to my original weight of 170lbs. As
for what I’ll be doing for New Year’s eve guess I’ll stay home and be on here
at MyCE like I always am at that time of night. That way I stay out of trouble :cop:
and hopefully stay alive by not getting killed by a drunk driver and I’ll have no
hangover the next morning like I used to when I used to drink the booze. :iagree: