What are your new year's resolutions

Another year is almost over and thew new one is almost beginning.

For a lot of people this is the moment to formulate their new year’s resolutions. For some this is stop smoking, for others it isstart dieting. And of course there are those people who do not believe in new year’s resolutions.

Now I am curious about whether or not you believe in new year’s resolutions, and if so, what your new year’s resolutions for 2003 are.

But whatever you believe and whatever your new year’s resolutions are, above all I wish you a Happy and prosperous 2003 and may there be many more years to come (New year’s wishes may be posted here. this thread can then be reserved for the discussion about new year’s resolutions).

No resolutions. Think I did pretty well this year, hopefully the next one will be as good.

here are mine (not in a specific order ;))

• staying with my girlfriend
  • getting a degree
  • trying to act more like my age
  • breaking at least one of my resolutions :stuck_out_tongue:

Enjoying every second ! :smiley: (But that is something I’m intending to every day.)

some of mine

• be more patient to idiots
  • get less angry towards idiots
  • more sympathy for idiots
  • get a tarantula as pet
  • look for love
  • smoke less
  • drink less (especially on new years eve itself)
  • eat less
  • sport more
  • internet less
  • email less
  • get more work done
  • get a house
  • have a decent holiday
  • buy less (computer) hardware
  • be more social (even with idiots)

December 31th and January 1st are the same day. Time just goes on and people divide it into 365 days for their convenience.

A new day is acceptable, but what is a new year?

I’m not against this division. Just feel weird.

Well , the earth has put another round around the sun. That doesn’t happen much. About every 365.25 days.
And the seasons start all over again.

Do you celebrate your birthday ? What’s so special about that ?

Four seasons! Right. That could be a reason.

Ring out the old, ring in the new! Also this year I’ve resolved to live life to its fullest and not get stressed out by work - So difficult to implement - but i want to achieve it in the year(s) to come.

I would also like you folks to look back at yesteryear and see whether you have lived up to the resolutions you took last year.

Now how many of you did :smiley:

Actually, I found a thread in the dutch section, started by Dee-ehn with the resolutions for this year (2002)

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=38809

I was sure I’d replyed too, but it seems not and I don’t know them by heart anymore. Probably it had something to do with “less drinking” and I failed, otherwise I would have remembered them :slight_smile:

But I do remember one that I would try to stick with the same girlfriend and I did! For 1,5 year now :slight_smile:

Maybe the other members who replyed to the dutch post last year can translate their resolutions here and put the “outcome” afterwards? :slight_smile:

@@#cdfreaks

Don’t believe in those resolutions anyway. In a way the only resolution I keep is breaking the other ones I might make :wink:

Originally posted by cum-a-lot
@@#cdfreaks

Thought that was reserved for people who actually contributed to CD Freaks…such as mods/admins and newsposters…So I am curious about your contributions next year.

*save more money
*finish my current study
*clean my room
*clean my harddisk
*eat less
*sport more
*buy a decent car

Stay happy and content.

Need I remind you, Chris, that Gluttony is a deadly sin. :bigsmile: Happy and content, but be careful…

Don’t take it too hard, buddy. :wink: I’m just kidding around.

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]some of mine

• be more patient to idiots
  • get less angry towards idiots
  • more sympathy for idiots
  • get a tarantula as pet
  • look for love
  • smoke less
  • drink less (especially on new years eve itself)
  • eat less
  • sport more
  • internet less
  • email less
  • get more work done
  • get a house
  • have a decent holiday
  • buy less (computer) hardware
  • be more social (even with idiots) [/B]

Nice list Mr. B. I loved especially that one with the tarantula… :wink: You have a real complex against idiots… Don’t mind them it’s not their entire fault. They’re the result of a 3min pleasure. :bigsmile:

Some of mine now:

/read for school more
/exercise more
/get a girlfriend
/clean my damn room

my resolutions are stupid, yet really easy to follow through on

/ see system of a down in concert
/ see no doubt in concert
/ stop puking this morning

i’ve already completed one of them :wink:

Originally posted by ckin2001
/ see no doubt in concert