What Are Your Hard Drives Titled?

vbimport

Below is a cropped screenshot of my four partitions (made up of two physical drives) and their designated titles.

The descriptions are as follows:
Charon ©: In Greek mythology, Charon (fierce brightness) was the ferryman of Hades. (Etruscan equivalent: Charun) He took the newly dead from one side of the river Acheron to the other if they had an obolus (coin) to pay for the ride. Corpses in ancient Greece were always buried with a coin underneath their tongue to pay Charon. Those who could not pay had to wander the banks of the Acheron for one hundred years.

The Morning Star (D): The planet Venus, when it is visible early in the day - known as Phosphorus. Phosphorus means Venus when it is seen in the morning (the morning star). Its name comes from the Greek name for the morning star (from the Greek phos, phosphorus means “bringer of light”).

Tiamat (E): Tiamat is a primeval goddess in Babylonian and Sumerian mythology. Apsu (or Abzu) fathered upon Tiamat the heavens and the earth. She is “Ummu-Hubur who formed all things”. Adter a battle between the gods, Marduk her son, sliced Tiamat in half and he made from the two halves heaven and earth. He took from Kingu the Tablets of Destiny, with the approval of the elder gods.

Eleutherios (F): In Greek mythology, Eros was the god responsible for lust, love, and sex; he was also worshipped as a fertility deity. His name is the root of words such as erotic. He was sometimes referred to as Eleutherios, “the liberator”.

What’s the title(s) of your drive(s)?

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

C: and D: :bigsmile:

Depends. On my main system they’re just Belvedere_1 till Belvedere_3. On the file server the sharenames are [Public1] till [Public3].

“C:” - “WinXP” - “Data_1” - “Data_2” - “DVD1” - “DVD2” - “DVD3” - “Dikke Hoer” - “Verwisselbare Schijf” - “Klanten” - “Algemeen” - “FTP_root op server”

i don’t title my harddrives - why should i?
so, i go with Airhead… :wink:

C, D, E, etc.

@Marsz-=FX, what’s on Dikke Hoer?? :stuck_out_tongue:

:bigsmile:

No reason why you should, am just wondering if others have naming schemes :slight_smile:

All kinds of trash, like Iso’s, Image-files, MP3’z, temp stuff, just pure chaos… :wink:
(This disk is used as a big fat whore, for any purpose at any given time…)

LOL.

I thought you’re gonna say, p0rn, lots of it. :bigsmile:

Sometime customers look over my shoulders when I’m working, and I always have to explain the first time. From a business perspective it’s maybe wise to change the name, but what the hack! I’m used to that name now and I might just keep it that way…

:slight_smile:

C:

Main Windows station:
C: System
A: Floppy
D: Documents
E: Work
F: Games
G: Data 1
H: Data 2
I: ODD
J: ODD
K: ODD
L: ODD
N: MP3
O: Virtual drive
P: Pictures
R: Roms
S: Software
U: USB
V: Video
X: Virtual drive
Y: FTP
Z: Download

Linux server:
rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
/dev/root / ext3 rw,noatime 0 0
none /dev devfs rw 0 0
none /proc proc rw,nodiratime 0 0
none /sys sysfs rw 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
/dev/hdc1 /vmware/easygate ext3 rw,noatime 0 0
/dev/hdc5 /vmware/win2k ext3 rw,noatime 0 0
/dev/hdc6 /ftp ext3 rw,noatime 0 0
/dev/hdd1 /download ext3 rw,noatime 0 0
/dev/md1 /md/1 ext3 rw 0 0
/dev/md0 /md/0 ext3 rw 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0

The rest isn’t interesting… :wink:

C: System
D: Data

Winchester. My first drive was a Shugart 10K.

keep it simple

Hey cerberus, are you in Spain? Cos I know those names are Spanish.

Mostly drive type + number like sata001, sata002, ata4_120_01, wd1600a, wd1600b, wd1600c…

i use more or less the default layout