What are the dangers of using a volume license?

vbimport

It seems I purchased a volume license for Windows 8.0 Pro. At first I thought it was OEM, as described by the seller but this isn’t the case (and it wasn’t sold with hardware).

What dangers are possible with a volume license key for Windows 8.0 Pro. My license activated, but I’m thinking maybe somebody else, or another party has complete control of my Windows 8.0 license.

Could this party get me into some serious trouble? Can they take my computer away?

Would appreciate any feedback and help.

Thanks very much!

[QUOTE=Vexatious;2761586]What dangers are possible with a volume license key for Windows 8.0 Pro. My license activated,[/QUOTE]

When that key is overused on their activation servers,M$ can decide to blacklist it and can send out a windows update which deactivates your activation,giving you the ‘non genuine OS’ error message…
And recativating with the same key on a new or re-install will be impossible.

In the XP era,the leaked VLK from Disney Studios was blacklisted because of being overused…:eek:

What about illegal activities from the volume license? Can I get in trouble if someone else is part of an illegal organization or crime, even if I’m not knowledgeable?

[QUOTE=Vexatious;2761602]What about illegal activities from the volume license? Can I get in trouble if someone else is part of an illegal organization or crime, even if I’m not knowledgeable?[/QUOTE]
I think this question is best answered by contacting MS support-asking users here will not give a correct answer to what you want answered.

[QUOTE=Vexatious;2761602]What about illegal activities from the volume license? Can I get in trouble if someone else is part of an illegal organization or crime, even if I’m not knowledgeable?[/QUOTE]

Illegal activities would be followed up by the police and other security services.

They will factor in any information they consider relevant so it’s therefore impossible to say that they wouldn’t take licence details into consideration.

I’m no expert on this but what I would say though is that use of a volume licence that’s used by others isn’t sufficient evidence in itself, and would have to be supported by other more specific information such as IP logs and ISP records etc.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Whoever sold it is most likely in violation of the terms, taking it outside the organization it was purchased for.

[QUOTE=Matth;2761642]Whoever sold it is most likely in violation of the terms, taking it outside the organization it was purchased for.[/QUOTE]
For one thing the Volume License will be blacklisted by Microsoft and you can guess whom will find out really fast.

I have access to a Technet license, and I never got any questions about too many activations, and I just recently bought a Windows 10 Technet licence,I have 5 rigs in my home and a few more in my old place of business where I still retain an office, for anyone that has multiple computers Technet is the way to go. ( Maybe MSDN is want the whole bundle)

[QUOTE=alan1476;2763060]I have access to a Technet license, and I never got any questions about too many activations, and I just recently bought a Windows 10 Technet licence,I have 5 rigs in my home and a few more in my old place of business where I still retain an office, for anyone that has multiple computers Technet is the way to go. ( Maybe MSDN is want the whole bundle)[/QUOTE]

I guess you’re still evaluating and testing all those operating systems on all your systems,right?? :bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2763080]I guess you’re still evaluating and testing all those operating systems on all your systems,right?? :bigsmile::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
I have not done a clean install of the computer at my office, they still have 7, but all my home machine have W10 Pro and I am loving it. I have TechNet licenses going back to Windows Vista. LOL:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile: