What are the best CIS / CISS systems for Ink Jets?

vbimport

I would ask if you would please share what you feel are the best CIS / CISS systems for ink jet printers?

Thank you

I have found the CIS that is for sale on Amazon for $73.99 US that works with the Epson Stylus Photo R280 and have a successful install working now.

I have link here:

I have tried attaching of the images taken of the installation and hope they view well on the forums.

Thank you for helping in all threads. I feel positive about the result.

Very nice. Keep us updated on how the Ink is in that unit.

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2456709]Very nice. Keep us updated on how the Ink is in that unit.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for reply.

By how the ink is in that unit, are you meaning to say of the mechanical working of the ink reservoir area? I have picture to upload to show it up closer I will attach when the end of the message arrives.

Since installing I have printed dozens of pictures and pages of text such like Google News and Yahoo News and the Epson driver said I was out of ink! As I see in the image there is much more ink left to use in the reservoir.

So if I had bought Epson brand cartridges that $65 US would have been spent and I would need to spend more at $65 again to buy full cartridges!

I seem to think that color printing is now affordable for me compared to before. Now I print as much as I wish to in the 6 colors and I have plenty of ink left to print more. I feel impressed by this process in how it saves much in the way of cost per printing a page or on CD and DVD with Imation AquaGuard media.

The prints look very good with richness and tones and being vibrant. I feel very pleased and lucky to find a good price and a good reservoir system that looks very clean and sleek but also looks solid and rugged enough. The Reservoir is impressive to look at and is looking to be very well built. I will attach the picture image below.

The Reservoir is all one single molded unit and the plastic is clear and substantial. It is not flimsy at all. Very solid and even comes with rubber pad feet so there is plenty of room for the tubes coming out below and it will not scratch the desk where you put it. Very well done in the building of the Reservoir. I’m glad it is a single one piece tank instead of separate bottles as some are. I will recommend this one to others over different products out for sale now.

Thank you for comments.

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2456709]Very nice. Keep us updated on how the Ink is in that unit.[/QUOTE]

I was wanting to show the ink refill type to answer if the ink is good. Here are links:

Amazon = http://www.amazon.com/Refill-Colors-resistant-Artisan-Continuous/dp/B002M4W86G/ref=pd_sbs_e_4

Gigablock = http://www.gigablockshop.com/itemdetail.asp?itemcode=REFILL_CIS&itemcat1=002&itemcat2=007&show=100

Here is picture:

Yeah I wanted to know the Ink quality :slight_smile:

Only time will tell really if it clogs the heads more often than Original Epson carts.

I have a CIS for my R340 (love it!) but the original ink while looking great seemed to clog quite a bit and needed head cleaning more often.

New ink I have seems MUCH better.

[QUOTE=SubZero;2456966]I was wanting to show the ink refill type to answer if the ink is good. Here are links:

Amazon = http://www.amazon.com/Refill-Colors-resistant-Artisan-Continuous/dp/B002M4W86G/ref=pd_sbs_e_4

Gigablock = http://www.gigablockshop.com/itemdetail.asp?itemcode=REFILL_CIS&itemcat1=002&itemcat2=007&show=100

Here is picture:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2456985]Yeah I wanted to know the Ink quality :slight_smile:

Only time will tell really if it clogs the heads more often than Original Epson carts.

I have a CIS for my R340 (love it!) but the original ink while looking great seemed to clog quite a bit and needed head cleaning more often.

New ink I have seems MUCH better.[/QUOTE]

For the R280 I have not had clogged heads since purchase. Original Epson Inks included were all that I used until the CIS / CISS. R280 has been very dependable unlike earlier models, but ink costs were very much too high for doing printing like I wished to do.

LOL I think the Mfg’s design the carts to clog the heads so you have to clean
them so often, that way they get to sell you more expensive ink. I do believe
that is why the Mfg’s hate the people selling the CISS systems and do every
thing in their power to prevent you from using one by messing with the chips
and FW on the printers. Yeah my RX595 with the CISS does pretty good on
not clogging up the heads that often. :clap:

I forgot to mention price for refill ink:

1 x 120ml BLACK Ink Bottle
1 x 120ml CYAN Ink Bottle
1 x 120ml MAGENTA Ink Bottle
1 x 120ml YELLOW Ink Bottle
1 x 120ml LIGHT CYAN Ink Bottle
1 x 120ml LIGHT MAGENTA Ink Bottle

$35.99 US for all 6 bottles. 120ml is I think 8 to 10 times what most have typical for genuine carts (12-13 ml I think).

I am simply glad to get it working at all and now can print lots of color products and not worry about eating rice and noodles only so I can pay for ink.

Thank you

Now I wonder if the print heads can last for a long time with a CIS installed or if it will not.

Is there a resource that you may know of that can be used to provide me with an estimate of how long print heads can be good for?

Thank you

Thank you for reply

That is a good link and they have demonstration videos to learn of the system. It is easier to understand how well they work.

Thank you

I hope this topic isn’t too old. I have a general question. So lets say I get a CIS, and the ink finishes and I refill it. Do I have to do any resetting on the chips? Or will my pc automatically say its full (once i manually refill the ink?)

Last of all, the cartridges that are in the printer…do they ever need to be replaced? Or can I keep refilling over and over again? Any type of life span?

Thanks again!

[QUOTE=indianagent;2484341]I hope this topic isn’t too old. I have a general question. So lets say I get a CIS, and the ink finishes and I refill it. Do I have to do any resetting on the chips? Or will my pc automatically say its full (once i manually refill the ink?)

Last of all, the cartridges that are in the printer…do they ever need to be replaced? Or can I keep refilling over and over again? Any type of life span?

Thanks again![/QUOTE]

The cartridges will reset themselves to full automatically when they show somewhere around 10% - 20% empty
and you will not have to do anything to the chips when refilling the ink tanks on a CISS just add ink to the ink
tanks before they get all the way empty. If you let the tanks run down to completely empty then you stand a
chance of getting air in the lines which can cause you some major headaches. :doh:

Now as for the cartridges in the printer they should never need to be replaced unless something drastic happens
to them and with a CISS there is no need to fill the cartridges themselves every time as all you have to do is just
add ink to the ink tanks and they will feed the ink into the cartridges. :iagree:

Thank you so much! Well looks like I’m gonna go and buy a CIS! Cheers!