What are the best 8x dvd-r media for benq 822A?

vbimport

Hi all.
In my country, there are no cheap dvd+r media (having tdk, sony and such).
There are three cheap dvd-r available; Ritek, Prodisc and Fortis (In fact, we also have princo).
I’m plan to purchase benq dw822a or nec-2500a soon.
If someone have dw822a with firmware B3HC would you mind posting the test result of these 3 media here?

B3HC should only support 8x DVD-R made by Ritek(G06)、Maxwell(MXL RG03)、TY(TG02)

The good thing is that the Benq DW822A Records several types of 4x DVD+R media at 8x! So I’ll recommend you to get some good 4x DVD+R media instead.

TDK, Ricoh, Verbatim, Fujifilm, Imation, Memorex and other 4x DVD+R media should work at 8x.

Look for 4x media with these media codes:

RICOHJPNR01
CMC.MAG.F01
MCC 002
DAXON.AZ1
YUDEN000T01

They should all work at 8x :slight_smile:

I had tried YUDEN000T01 overspeed at 8x on 800A with B3HC.
The result was really impressive! :slight_smile:

Jamos did a - media comparison against those two burners. Here’s the thread, but its missig the pictures. His comments were favorable towards the Prodisc and Ritek though.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=93875

Ritek DVD+R02 is not really perfect, at least on my DW822A @ B3HC:
(But also not really bad, as you can see.)

I got some Riteck R02 ,too burned with Benq822a@8X, nero 6.3.10

here CMC F01 burned with benq822a@b3bc@8x. nero 6.310
ok this one is not really good, because ich havent burned the whole disc.

here Mcc002@benq822a@b3bc@8X@nero6310

ritek is not ritek, i had some ritek R02 labled with Ultron (a german mark), too. but i cant burn this media with benq822@8x(pi----->1200) :Z
i feel, that with the firmware upgrade, the support for ritek is getting worth…

>i feel, that with the firmware upgrade, the support for ritek is getting worse…
I don’t think it’s getting worse, but imho it doesn’t get better either… :O)

ps: I forgot to mention that I burned my R02 @4x. So I don’t want to see it @8x.

but I have burned the R02 with 8X… it was realy better with B3bc…
now I am scanning the result burned with B3Ic (its not finished besause benq need lonnnggg time (1,5X)) it really doesnt look as good as with B3bc.

please look the first pic i have posted here, it was a R02@benq822a@8X
But. as I’ve already said, Ritek has also quality difference, so maybe I have got a “A” charge.

>But. as I’ve already said, Ritek has also quality difference, so maybe I have got a “A” charge.

I bought mine from instantinfo.com as a-grade. So it should be as good as yours. Maybe You have e-grade (extra-grade). Or it could be your 822 is a bit better than mine…

>its not finished besause benq need lonnnggg time (1,5X)
Yeah that really sucks, but I won’t complain. Because other drives don’t support pi/po at all. And because it is so slowly it can be done in the background, even when playing 3d-shooters… :O)

so for firmware. is B3IC better than B3HC?

This scan is from a cakebox of Memorex 4X DVD+R’s. Burnt at 8X using DVD Decrypter/ASPI 4.0.60 on a true 822a with B3IC. I love this burner :bigsmile: