"What Are Imgburn's Optimal Settings Please?"

vbimport

hi all.

i’m havin such a great time with Imgburn, hope you all are.

i’m fairly new using Imgburn and i would like to know if i can optimize it’s performance to get me the very best settings for my projects using ImgBurn.

could anyone please instruct me as to what are the very best settings to have in ImgBurn’s settings tabs?

i have pics of what my settings currently are, but i bet it can get even better…

i would really appreciate someone or all ya’ll helping me on this, cause it’s such a great Tool, i want to fully optimize it you know?

these are the Main tabs i’m concerned with in the pics below, but if anyone can instruct me on more tabs, great!:

thank you for reading my post.

if you see something on these tabs that would be the better setting, please reply.

thank you for your time and help.
Rob

the defaults are ‘good’ … but some advice depending on what you use your burned discs on you ‘might’ need to change the ‘file system’ from the default of ISO9660 + UDF to ISO9660 + Joliet + UDF

for me personally i use the ISO9660 + Joliet + UDF for burning data backup’s of xvid files i have cause the XBMC program on the original xbox1 wont read the discs if there UDF only and even in the ISO9660+UDF (which is default of imgburn) the file names get truncated to 8 characters instead of the full name of the file which sucks as it’s hard to tell what files are what.

so in general i recommend you use the ISO9660 + Joliet + UDF settings when burning data discs… if your burning a video dvd you need to use the default of ISO9660 + UDF.

and also if your burning a dvd+rw disc, i would recommend you UNCHECK the “Prefer A Properly Formatted +RW” otherwise it will format the disc and take alot more time since it fully formats the disc instead of doing a quick format which is alot quicker.

also the OP said, “i want to fully optimize you know” … like i say as far as burning quality etc it aint gonna get better with different settings as like i said before the defaults are a safe bet in general although you might want to look into what i was saying above :wink:

p.s. those settings i was talking about (the ISO9660 etc etc) you can see from the … Mode > Write section of imgburn and once in there goto ‘options’ and you will see those settings.

A good idea would be to go to LUK’s forum. There is a [B]great[/B] deal more support there than here at CDF’s > http://forum.imgburn.com/

[QUOTE=NBR;2077953]and also if your burning a dvd+rw disc, i would recommend you UNCHECK the “Prefer A Properly Formatted +RW” otherwise it will format the disc and take alot more time since it fully formats the disc instead of doing a quick format which is alot quicker.[/QUOTE]
Once formatted with ImgBurn and the disc is still not messed up with another program that destroyed the format flag, ImgBurn will only erase the disc next time, so I wouldn’t change that setting.

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2077961]Once formatted with ImgBurn and the disc is still not messed up with another program that destroyed the format flag, ImgBurn will only erase the disc next time, so I wouldn’t change that setting.[/QUOTE]

i c… so your basically saying that once you do a full disc erase and DO NOT touch it with another burning app then from there on forward imgburn only does quick erases?

:wink:

Yes.

:slight_smile:

i see in that case i would probably not touch it although it’s still not a bad idea since doing a full erase just burns up time that you probably could use to burn stuff and i dont think it would hurt the data by not doing it… but then again maybe it will cause i dont think LUK would put it like that for no reason :wink:

and i dont know enough about that feature to make any real judgment of it… all i know is i been using it without that full erase stuff and it’s been fine so far on my +RW’s.

Keep the defaults as they are. There is an excellent guide on ImgBurn settings by cynthia on the ImgBurn Forum.

Regards

wow guys thank you so much.

you all are so nice and helpful in this forum.

thanks for the great instruction, hard to believe ImgBurn’s Forum would be better Bob, lol.

but i will definitely check it out.

and also the guide for ImgBurn blutach, thanks for that.

hey, are you all burning discs with ImgBurn, or does anyone here just create an image file then simply tranfer the image onto disc…that’s what i do. : )

thank you all again.
Rob

and thank you NBR and Gummigutta : )

Amen on the Keith quote Bob…

[I]“Stones are my boys.”[/I]

i agree with the others. default settings are good. :iagree:

i do make just a few changes though.

prevent screen saver
default read destination
dont prompt and auto answer yes in build tab
Perform OPC Before Write ( some drives have errors with this so look out)
default graph data folder
log file location
uncheck verify
auto write speed settings

typically i use build mode

hey, are you all burning discs with ImgBurn, or does anyone here just create an image file then simply tranfer the image onto disc…that’s what i do. : )

i guess i dont understand :confused:

hey Troy.

um, that link that blutach gave above, there is every type of guide to do anything in Imgburn over there.

the screensaver option in your settings could be good .

yeah the imgburn forum is the ideal place to get imgburn support.

did you check out the first thread in the cdfreaks ImgBurn forum. just two threads above yours.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f153/imgburn-support-forum-general-guides-238952/

if you like ImgBurn please dont forget to donate. :cool:

anyway :slight_smile:

i do not understand your question. :confused:

yes i burn using imgburn. :slight_smile:

how does one just transfer an image to disc without burning disc?

or maybe you are talking about using windows explorer? this i would never do. :eek: