What Am I Missing Here

I use the free version of DVDFABHD- Decrypter.
I decrypted a file that was 5.2 gigs… Obviously too large for a single sided DVD. and HDD would not allow compression.

Windows explorer shows the path as follows:
Documents:
DVDFAB:
ISO:
Leatherheads (the movie)

I then go to DVD shrink since I want to reduce file size…
I select “open file” and then “browse for folder”. I get the following

Documents:
DVDFAB:
ISO

BUT no Leatherheads… When I click on ISO nothing happens.

What am I doing incorrectly… I even tried to click and drag leatherheads from explorer and it goes into the box for dvdshrink but nothing happens…

Thank you for your assistance… This is really confusing to me

Ken

[quote=kenshireen;2200166]I use the free version of DVDFABHD- Decrypter.
I decrypted a file that was 5.2 gigs… Obviously too large for a single sided DVD. and HDD would not allow compression.

Documents:
DVDFAB:
ISO:
Leatherheads (the movie)

Documents:
DVDFAB:
ISO

What am I doing incorrectly… I even tried to click and drag leatherheads from explorer and it goes into the box for dvdshrink but nothing happens…

Ken[/quote]
Saving as ISO may not be supported with the DVDFab HD Decrypter anymore or that feature is broke, either way no one has heard anything from Fengtao on this matter :frowning:
However in the mean time if you wish I can and will be happy to send you a older version which still support that feature, you will have to send me a PM(privite message) will your email address…don’t post it here it can lead to unwanted spam

[QUOTE=kenshireen;2200166]I use the free version of DVDFABHD- Decrypter.

Documents:
DVDFAB:
ISO:
Leatherheads (the movie)

Documents:
DVDFAB:
ISO

Ken[/QUOTE]

The short answer is that DVDShrink can’t compress ISO files.

You’ll need a special piece of software to do that.

[B]OR[/B] compress the files first, then convert to ISO (Which, unfortunately, you can’t do with the freebie version of DVDFab). As you already know.

Either use DVDShrink to compress the .IFO, .Bup & .vob files, then convert, or you’ll need a new piece of software.

O’C

:slight_smile:

You have to use File->Open Disc Image to open ISOs with Shrink. You may have done this but it is not what you said. This may be why you could not see the file.

I was under the impression that DVDFab HD Decrypter was unable to create ISO anymore :confused: guess not :doh:

[QUOTE=signals;2200188]You have to use File->Open Disc Image to open ISOs with Shrink. You may have done this but it is not what you said. This may be why you could not see the file.[/QUOTE]
Exactly…:iagree:
Shrink should have no problem compressing .ISO files.

[QUOTE=maineman;2200197]Exactly…:iagree:
Shrink should have no problem compressing .ISO files.[/QUOTE]

My error - sorry.

O’C

:slight_smile:

[quote=O’Canada;2200199]My error - sorry.

O’C

:)[/quote]
You have a PM

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2200199]My error - sorry.

O’C

:)[/QUOTE]
Please no apologies…if I had a nickel for everytime I was wrong…well, you know the name of that tune.

Thanks for all your valuable input.

[quote=O’Canada;2200181]The short answer is that DVDShrink can’t compress ISO files.

You’ll need a special piece of software to do that.

[B]OR[/B] compress the files first, then convert to ISO (Which, unfortunately, you can’t do with the freebie version of DVDFab). As you already know.

Either use DVDShrink to compress the .IFO, .Bup & .vob files, then convert, or you’ll need a new piece of software.

O’C

:)[/quote]

I cannot locate any ifo or vob files… when I used hdd the target file was .iso

[QUOTE=signals;2200188]You have to use File->Open Disc Image to open ISOs with Shrink. You may have done this but it is not what you said. This may be why you could not see the file.[/QUOTE]

Do what signals posted.To open the .iso

Perhaps you missed this:

To open the ISO File in Dvd Shrink use (ctrl-i) then browse to the ISO.

Signals,

I just did File>open disk image and it did bring up leatherheads iso file.
When I opened the file it showed: Leatherheads>unreferenced material>VTS.

The automoatic compression was greyed at 97.5 and was the lowest point of the slide bar. Since this is a 5G file I obviously need to increase the compression but do not seem able to do so. I was not able to do anything with the VTS file

thank you

[QUOTE=cholla;2200346]Do what signals posted.To open the .iso[/QUOTE]
Ahh, didn’t see you there. Good to see I still have the slowest fingers…

[quote=maineman;2200197]Exactly…:iagree:
Shrink should have no problem compressing .ISO files.[/quote]

Mainstream… I agree… please see my reply to signals… I was able to pull the file up using open disk image but was unable to get the auto compression to go below 97.5 It was at the lowest end of the slide bar

[QUOTE=kenshireen;2200354]Mainstream… I agree… please see my reply to signals… I was able to pull the file up using open disk image but was unable to get the auto compression to go below 97.5 It was at the lowest end of the slide bar[/QUOTE]
I hardly use shrink, but if you select [B]custom ratio[/B], I think you can proceed.
Let me give a shot…be right back

Yeah, shrink is encoding Hulk .ISO just fine. Sorry, I don’t have Leatherheads as an .ISO
Here’s a screenshot:

[quote=maineman;2200359]I hardly use shrink, but if you select [B]custom ratio[/B], I think you can proceed.
Let me give a shot…be right back[/quote]

Let me give you some additional input…
Custom ratio still does not get the lower end of the percentage below 97.5

BUT… I think the reason that the percent is locked is because “full disk” is being selected. I changed it to “re-author” but this is what I see:

“Under DVD Structure”
“DVD”

to the right under DVD Browser I see “leatherheads” with a roxio icon but there is nothing underneath this box… I am unable to do anything here

Oh, ok…sorry about that. Like I said, I haven’t used shrink in years and at my age I’m lucky to remember what happened 10 minutes ago.
Let me take another look.