What am I doing wrong?

vbimport

I have read around on these forums but cant really find an answer to my problem. I have a LDW 411S dvdrw and when I burn a DVD+R (datatrack) with nero 6.0.0.19 its all good, succesfull burns always. But when i play it on my dads DVDrecorder (Philips DVDr80) it wont play the dvdr, it says “unknown data on disk”. Though the dvdr runs good on my computer…

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem might be? Read something about flashing, but dont understand what this is really…
I decrypt the DVD with DvdDecrypter and have winXP…
Thanks for reading already :slight_smile:

Most likely that the player just does not like the media, try something different.

Originally posted by viCo
I have read around on these forums but cant really find an answer to my problem. I have a LDW 411S dvdrw and when I burn a DVD+R (datatrack) with nero 6.0.0.19 its all good, succesfull burns always. But when i play it on my dads DVDrecorder (Philips DVDr80) it wont play the dvdr, it says “unknown data on disk”. Though the dvdr runs good on my computer…
Does anyone have an idea of what the problem might be? Read something about flashing, but dont understand what this is really… I decrypt the DVD with DvdDecrypter and have winXP…
Thanks for reading already :slight_smile:

Welcome

I dont think you are doing anything wrong. You just need some tools. :wink:

i.) Update your Nero.

ii.) Dowload this tool to identify your media.

iii.) Update your burner with new firmware.

iv.) Read about and download this tool

:slight_smile:

Thanks pinto2, Ive done that, gonna try to burn a dvdr again now :slight_smile:

Can you also also tell me what that region free utility is? What does it do?

Can you also also tell me what that region free utility is? What does it do?

It does what it says… :smiley: It enables the drive to burn DVD disks compatible with all DVD-regions.

You can read more and d/l this tool here

BTW, at the top of page you will find a useful button

:bigsmile:

The region free utility did it, all the dvdr’s i burn now work! :cool:

What in the world?!

The drive does not need to be region free to burn region free discs. The drive’s current region status has nothing to do with the region of the burned discs.

Are you talking about the BookType tool? :confused:

Yah, region free only allows your DVDR drive to PLAY discs that are encoded for any region in the world.

The DVD region/regionfreedom that is set on the discs you are burning depends upon the transcoding/ripping software that you use.

Originally posted by dhc014
What in the world?!
The drive does not need to be region free to burn region free discs. The drive’s current region status has nothing to do with the region of the burned discs.
Are you talking about the BookType tool? :confused:

Sorry to all of you… :confused:

My post above is messed up. I thought about “the burner be able to READ all [burned disks] for all DVD-regions.”
Nothing else… :cool:

Sorry once again.

The region free utility did it, all the dvdr’s i burn now work! :cool:

Placebo Effect? :smiley:

I’ll take a good placebo any day. :iagree:

Placebo is a great band! Wesociety snickers

Check out the song “Every me and every you”

Well, whatever, it works :bigsmile:

And no i dont use the booktype tool, tried it once but didnt really work :confused: