What Am I Doing Wrong?

vbimport

I have Recently Switched To Windows Vista Home Premium From Xp SP2 and I noticed Really Long Times When DVD Shrink is Encoding I Just Did Snakes On a Plane and it Took About A Hour And a Half To Encode.When I Would Do a Dual Layer DVD On Xp The Max It Would Take Would Be A Half an Hour. Please What is Done Wrong or is It Just One of Those Movies That It Is Hard To Burn?

Thanks

xxmitch15xx

Encoding and burning are two different things. Exactly which one is taking a long time?

I Know Encoding and Burning Are Different. And its the Encoding Part

How did you rip this movie and what was the compression % reported by Shrink?

Ripped It With DVD Decrypter and The Compression Ended Up Being 59.2%. I Was Used To This Compression Rate When I Used Xp And It Would Have Encoded In 30 mins

Is There a Program That Can Help Encode it Faster?

Someone Else Want To Try To Help Me???

I’ll give it a shot. Did you, by chance, change some of your settings so that you are doing deep analysis and high quality adaptive error compensation?

I had a medical emergency and had to leave.
Have you checked your DMA?

how do i check my dma

[QUOTE=PrinceBytore;2093529]I’ll give it a shot. Did you, by chance, change some of your settings so that you are doing deep analysis and high quality adaptive error compensation?[/QUOTE]

Nope and i just noticed your reply sorry bout that

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/dvdguide005.html

so you have 2 gigs of installed ram. but how much available memory do you have to perform the encoding?

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2093688]http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/dvdguide005.html[/QUOTE]

This is what i have i have no primary or Secondary Ide Drives

[QUOTE=troy512;2093694]so you have 2 gigs of installed ram. but how much available memory do you have to perform the encoding?[/QUOTE]

Roughly a Gig I Think

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2093688]http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/dvdguide005.html[/QUOTE]
Also, I see he has DVDFab, can go into the General section and check/reset Dma

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2093820]Also, I see he has DVDFab, can go into the General section and check/reset Dma[/QUOTE]

So I Did The Reset DMA So Now Is It Only Enabled For DVDFab Or Is It For All The Burning programs?

[QUOTE=xxmitch15xx;2093835]So Did The Reset DMA So Now Is It Only Enabled For DVDFab Or Is It For All The Burning programs?[/QUOTE]
IIt will reset it for all, did you try it, if so did it work?

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2093850]IIt will reset it for all, did you try it, if so did it work?[/QUOTE]

Just Making Isos Now. But Its Not The Isos That Are the Problem Just the Encoding

Will Enabling DMA effect The Speed It Takes To Make Isos?

[QUOTE=xxmitch15xx;2093854]Just Making Isos Now. But Its Not The Isos That Are the Problem Just the Encoding

Will Enabling DMA effect The Speed It Takes To Make Isos?[/QUOTE]
Yes

WOW Now I Can Encode A DL Movie In Under 15 Minutes

Thanks People :slight_smile: