What am i doing wrong?

vbimport

Hi,
I am getting really stressed out !!! :frowning:
Having problems coping DVD movies. I have tried loads of different programmes … clone dvd/any dvd … dvd shrink … dvd fab express … smartripper …all the results are the same…
Everytime i ‘burn off’ a dvd and try to play it on my dvd settop player (samsung) the film starts to ‘break up’ halfway thru … the fast forward has problems and the menu rarely works… i am using DVD+r 4.7gb discs

Any ideas

Help :bow:

Pagodas

What brand are your media - it pays to use good quality brands like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim.

Does the backup play in your pc?
What brand of media are your using?
What Burner do you have?

Hi ,
discs are “bulkpaq” 8xspeed DVD+R … bought them online at www.bulkpaq.co.uk … the backup plays fine on my pc … perfect … DVD writer in an ‘Artec’ branded and claims to write in all formats dvd+/- r + rw

pagodas

Hi ,
discs are “bulkpaq” 8xspeed DVD+R … bought them online at www.bulkpaq.co.uk … the backup plays fine on my pc … perfect … DVD writer in an ‘Artec’ branded and claims to write in all formats dvd+/- r + rw

pagodas

So your using Bulcrap discs huh?

i Assume they aint much good then …

You should could try the {DV 3180} Datasafe 8x DVD+R in Spindle Tubs of 25 discs from this site. They are MCC 003 and should be of good quality

Nope, they have that name for a reason. Bulqpaq/Datawrite, ect. are well known for their erratic quality (much like Memorex). Since you are in the UK, and TY’s are horribly expensive over there, I would recommend G04 Ritek DVD-R. However, watch out for other labels that carry the Ritek G04 dye as they are often B-Grade (ie Bulqpaq, Datawrite). Stick to Ritek/Ridata for best results.

thanks asid … i will get some ordered

Is there any major difference in DVD- and DVD+ ??

they are just two competeing formats. People argue all the time on which one is better, i prefer + but dont have a reason. Most burners now are +/- so use can use either and some DVD players play one format better than others. Just really depends on your hardware.

there are plenty of other posts that ask this question which you can find by searching.

listen to jesterrace!!! if you buy more crap media after being warned you deserve what you get…