What am i doing wrong with clonecd 2.8.5.2?

vbimport

I just bought an Acer 1208a and now i have this ccd image on my hd i tried to burn it with version 3 and i create only coasters even on 1 speed and i have to enable winaspi32 otherwise it wont even work.After a few coasters i tried clonecd 2.5.8.2 again after i cleaned the registry but it spits out the cd the second i hit the write button.Is it a known problem or am i doing something wrong ?
Please help me

Steve

Installed another aspi but that didnt work also
i think i am Fucked

Please give us some more details since it is very hard to identify the problem now… Info like:

-Operating System
-Error Messages from CloneCD?
-Hardware (especially if you’re using ALI, VIA or INTEL busmaster drivers)
-Etc.

Grtz

important here is with what did you read the image !
don’t read your image with your acer cause that sucks!
try reading in another reader or better a dvd rom !
i got the toshiba xm1502dvd as reader and a hp8210 and a acer4x2x32 as burner and burn everything with it…
so i think your image is fucked up!
and by the way i used every version of clone and (almost) never burned a coaster!
but what you need to do also is read and burn with the same version…
hope you work it out!

Ok here is some more info i didnt read the image myself
my OS is win2k

I 5:18:32 PM CloneCD Version 2.8.5.2 started!
I 5:18:32 PM Searching for SCSI/ATAPI devices…
I 5:18:33 PM Device Scan found 4 CD-ROMs and 2 CD-Writers!
I 5:18:59 PM Starting copy from G:\TEMP\Image.ccd to ATAPI CD-R/RW 12X8X32
I 5:18:59 PM Write Speed: 4x (tried 1x and 2x also)
I 5:18:59 PM Don’t repair SubChannel Data: Yes
I 5:18:59 PM Write Simulation: No
I 5:18:59 PM Burn Proof / Just Link: Yes
I 5:19:00 PM Starting optimum power calibration…
I 5:19:02 PM Writing Session 1 LeadIn…
I 5:19:02 PM Flushing buffers…
I 5:19:02 PM Duration of operation: 00:00:00
E 5:19:03 PM Writing to ATAPI CD-R/RW 12X8X32 failed!

Abit KT7A mobo with via chipset
AMD TBird 1000
512Mb Ram
GF2 GTS Deluxe
Acer 1208a Firmware 9BC
Yamaha 4x4x16 scsi
Pioneer 32x scsi
Hitachi 4x24 DVD

I`d like to burn the image with 2.5.8.2 but it wont even start burning after i hit the write button it comes out again with the error above.
I hope you have enough information now.
Thanks in advance

does clone burn at all ?
have you tried to make a normal copy of a cd?
so no protections or leave the options all out in clonecd (just a normal data disc)
then you can see which option makes the error !
you gotta play a little with clonecd lol
hope you find something!

Yes indeed… I’m a little confused on this option “Starting optimum power calibration…” which does not need to be checked…

I tried it with all other settings also
burnproof off,power calibration off, etc etc but it wont work :frowning:
i tried to clone a normal data cd without protection (because i cant read protected cd`s with my acer or dvd) and guess what i get the same error.It just wont start burning and if i use version 3.xxx its making a coaster.

Thanks for the help
Steve

Seems to me like you could have a DMA problem… Please enable/disable this for your drive and see what happens…

And another thing: are you using VIA drivers for your busses? I know CloneCD doesn’t like them on an IDE based system (not sure on Win2K) but this coulc also be a problem…

Please let me know!

Yes i am using the via 4in1 drivers for my system because otherwise my hd`s are pio4 instead of dma 100.

Originally posted by SteveV
Yes i am using the via 4in1 drivers for my system because otherwise my hd`s are pio4 instead of dma 100.

Bug in the VIA IDE drivers. Either update your 4un1 drivers, or use the MS drivers which came with Windows. Yes, they DO work!

Ok thanks for the advice Olli i changed the via drivers into the M$ drivers and now clonecd works again (still cant burn sd2 though with my Acer 1208a).
Only problem now is i get the bsod`s again if i transfer large files from 1 to another hd.

Originally posted by SteveV
Ok thanks for the advice Olli i changed the via drivers into the M$ drivers and now clonecd works again (still cant burn sd2 though with my Acer 1208a).
Only problem now is i get the bsod`s again if i transfer large files from 1 to another hd.

Why can’t you burn SD2? should work fine with your writer.

Dunno tried several images like half life Blue shift(securom),operation flashpoint,startopia,emperor battle for dune they all dont work tried it in my burner and my hitachi dvd but they wont read them.
Install works fine but when i want to play them nothing happens.
I burned the images with the settings from clony and 2 speed.

SteveV,

I think the problem lies during the reading process. Buy a good reader like the Toshiba CD/DVD-ROM`s. Good Luck!

Greetz

Problem solved

the sd2 games dont work in win2k but they do work in win98
dunno why though

I had a problem like this before because I tried to played a cracked of Age of Empires2 : the conquers and the cracked one would not run under win2000 but ran flawless under win98. It might have something to with direct access to hardware. If we remember NT/2000 does not allow access to hardware directly.
This could be why so many machines running 2000 blue screen with copies of cd’s. That is just a theory I have. I thought about that a lot and that is the only thing can come up with.

First Microsoft page concerning issues with safedisc and windows:
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/compat/appshelp/DE/idh_w2_50001.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q228/9/90.ASP

this is a true MS classic. “We know the problem, we describe the problem, and as a solution, we suggest you buy hardware from yesterday.”

Try the latest version of Clone CD 3042, works great for me :slight_smile:

GrEeTs from the UK