What about varirec II quality

vbimport

I made some test to check quality of varirec II technology. I’ve made various audio cd and then analysed them with jitter function in plex tools. Yere http://www.alientech.it/varirec/tecnologie2.htm
You can see all my graphs.
In my opinion varirec worsk very bad… please post your comments
Andrea

CDRLabs did some tests in our of their reviews of a Plextor drive and came to the same conclusion as you did, VariRec doesn’t reduce jitter that much or at all when you look at the graphs produced by PlexTools and a Premium drive. It seems to me that in your case, Varirec II -2, burning 4x produced the best result. Weird… Personally I’ve always burned my audio at 24x or faster and until now I never encountered a drive that couldn’t play the discs after they were recorder. I must also say that most of the time I use quality media like Taiyo Yuden or Maxell, two brands the Plextor drives work very well with.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Personally I’ve always burned my audio at 24x or faster and until now I never encountered a drive that couldn’t play the discs after they were recorder. I must also say that most of the time I use quality media like Taiyo Yuden or Maxell, two brands the Plextor drives work very well with.

Also I burn audio at 24x or faster and never encounter problems. I’ve made those test for curiosity and for a review I’m writing at alientech.it :bigsmile:
In my test I used verbatim datalife plus
Thanks
Andrea

Originally posted by muppy

In my opinion varirec worsk very bad… please post your comments
I stopped using VariRec having found out that my simple CLV burnings @4-16x were giving me the better outcomes, of which I didn’t fail to inform Plextor.