What about starforce v3 emulation?

v1.4.0 definately doesn’t work with War and Peace (by Microids) which has Starforce v3 protection I believe. Can anyone say when we may expect to support this protection???

also…

Q. Is this the only game generally available in the UK with starforce?

Q. Can anything detect starforce protection (clonyxxl 2.0.1.0 doesn’t) ?

btw - the physical measurement using (cough) blindwrite (cough) takes longer than securom 4.8x and looks a lot more complex.

Originally posted by ProfessorX
[B]v1.4.0 definately doesn’t work with War and Peace (by Microids) which has Starforce v3 protection I believe. Can anyone say when we may expect to support this protection???

also…

Q. Is this the only game generally available in the UK with starforce?

Q. Can anything detect starforce protection (clonyxxl 2.0.1.0 doesn’t) ?

btw - the physical measurement using (cough) blindwrite (cough) takes longer than securom 4.8x and looks a lot more complex. [/B]

All we known is that StarForce 3 is much more difficult to copy/emulate than StarForce 1 & 2. There’s no date to be supported on any software. Try TCCD EasyScan, maybe it detects StarForce.

If you are an EXPERT computer user, you can make an image of the starforce 3 cd using starforce 1.x/2.x profile, then deinstall all the ide devices from your system (DON?T DO IT IF YOU DON?T KNOW HOW TO RE-INSTALL THEM) and mount the image on a virtual device

Thanks luciano, sounds interesting, I’ll give it a go…

Thanks luciano, sounds interesting, I’ll give it a go…

remember this isn’t an official method…

looks like clonyxxl 2.0.1.2g can now detect starforce v3

http://www.clony.smokers-board.de/

so come on guys, why not emulate it???

> looks like clonyxxl 2.0.1.2g can now detect
> starforce v3
> so come on guys, why not emulate it???

Hahaha, nothing like an excellent joke to start
the weekend in good mood :slight_smile:

Yea, I guess Alcohol trying to be the best game backup software is a joke right?
Ask yourself this, why would Alcohol bother to emulate Starforce v1 and v2 when the only game widely available in the West with Starforce has v3 protection?

Better something than nothing, right?

Do you indeed believe that Alcohol-guys would hesitate to add sf3 emulation if they were capable of this?

> Yea, I guess Alcohol trying to be the best game backup software
> is a joke right?

No, but suggesting that Alcohol should be able to emulate
Starforce3 because Clony can recognize it shows a complete lack
of understanding that I was not expecting, thus the good laugh.
Clony has the software complexity of a coffee machine, so there’s
no point mentioning it in the same sentence as an emulation tool,
which has an incredibly more complicated task to perform.

The StarForce 3 protection is far more advanced than the previous versions. GameJack, Alcohol and CloneCD most certainly are working right now to find out a working solution for StarForce 3.

Ask yourself this, why would Alcohol bother to emulate Starforce v1 and v2 when the only game widely available in the West with Starforce has v3 protection?
starforce is hardly used in the west but it is very prevalent in the east. alcohol is sold worldwide and therefore adds starforce 1/2 emulation to support the needs of these users. trust us, as soon as starforce 3 emulation is tested and ready it will be included.

Yea, I guess Alcohol trying to be the best game backup software is a joke right?

Over a billion people living in each of China and India, not to mention all the people living in other eastern countries. That’s a pretty large potential market.

Why shouldn’t alcohol cater to that market as well as traditional western markets?

I have tryied new ClonyXXL on 1st cd of Runaway and it has detected StarForce v3. I have a workrng backup :smiley: . But when i try windows prosperities on file “protect.dll” there is written version 1. So I think that Clony can’t detect right version of StarForce. Sorry for my EN.

On the Clony site they have now released a new version 2.0.1.3 that is supposed to work better than the previous version, according to Bxxxxj they have done tests on Anstoss4 DVD and it worked.

if you use the securom new profile in alcohol, the emulation will work. i’ve got a working emulated backup of QPuncture 2

Jae

Nice to announce that highland warriors here in spain is suspected to have starforce v3 in it. I tried alcohol and the result was surprising, i had obtained a working image but when burning it into a cd…failure. The cd doesn’t recognize itself as original. To read my cd i used DPM option and a toshiba dvd drive reading at 4x. No matter the speed i use to burn, that the result is the same. And this is curious, the image mounted only works without emulation if i mount it with alcohol system. Daemon tools doesn’t work. Is it a mounting problem or alcohol includes something daemon missed?

Thanks.

Here’s the settings I used for burning SF3

Read options:
Max Reading Speed: Maximum
Skip reading errors: On
Fast skip error blocks: Off
Read Sub-Channel Data from current disc: On
Data Position Measurement: On
Precision: High

Recording options
Max Writing Speed: Maximum
Bypass EFM Error: Off
Burn RMPS to recordable media: On

Write method Order:
raw doa
raw sao + sub
raw sao
dao / sao

Good luck!

A new strategy of these people is to build discs which fool Clony, such as in a thread where someone though to have a CD with Tagès on it here!

So don’t believe everything Clony tells you without questioning :wink:

u’r saying that the mounted image w… oops sorry, how do i delete this post? i didn’t quote the post a replied to