What about PHILIPS SPD2412BM?

vbimport

I found this Philips burner available here, but i can’t find any specific information, which chipset it uses, can it perform quality scan…
Somebody know more about this burner?
Here is some info i found:http://geizhals.at/a224557.html

Lite-On LH-18A1P. Good as scanning drive, but noisy and vibrating over normal.
I would pass on this one. I have one and I’m not satisfied at all. :frowning:

Go for Lite-On DVD8801 aka DW1650. A qulity drive with Philips Nexperia chipset. The best 12 and 16x burner to date. :wink:

I didn’t know Lite-On produces drives with Philips chipsets. I know they have aquired Benq but i didnt know they still have a line of drives that use Philips chipsets. Thanks for info.

I bought this drive a few days ago and i don’t recommend anyone to get this. I tried the the 1.3 and 1.4 firmware and i get VERY bad burn results. Anything burned using TYuden003 (Plextor), MCC04 (Verbatim), MBIPG101 R05 (Imation) media have a quality rating from 40 - 75 with Pifailures up to 18. I put my NEC 3540 back in and everything is up par again (94/95 to 97% for Plextor and Imation With Pifailtures up to 5-7)

This drive is a big no no. I am going to return it. My opinion: Avoid at all cost.

Is it possible to crossflash Philips SPD2412BM to Lite-On LH-18A1P? If yes, what firmware to use? Thanks.

Let’s hope this might be possible in near future:wink:

Can’t you just use flashfixed Codeguys firmware for this (it’s not an upgrade flash 18X <-> 18X)? May be no way back without help though… You can try Flash Utility and see if it works.

quoted from this thread

Thanks to all.