What about Imation Cd-R?

I´ve recorded high quality audio on them less than 2 years ago and i found that they keep a perfect sound, and using the Nero CD-DVD Speed i discoverd it has no errors at all.

Do you usually use Imation?? What about your results?
Do you consider it a better choice comparing it with Ridata 52x ones? (http://www.ritekusa.com/ebproductdetail.asp?id=25)

I’ve used Imation (CMC Magnetics) CDRs in the past, although not for quite some time. I found they kept their data fairly well, up until about two years later, I think.

Currently using Ritek-made Maxell CDRs…I’d compare them to the Imation ones, but I haven’t had the Maxells for two years yet. :bigsmile:

Edit: I’m talking everyday use here, not archival purposes!

I’ve seen Imation from CMC and Moser Baer… I don’t think I’d trust either for archival.

The Imation I’ve used is either CMC or MBI, both have worked fine for me. I get better burns from the CMC, I burn both at 24x-40x in general and the results are fine for everyday stuff, no deterioration of my discs. It’s alot easier to get acceptable results from CD-Rs than it is with DVD-R/+R media. People seem to generally have a higher opinion of Ritek CD-Rs than CMC and MBI, but I haven’t found them to perform any differently.

Wouldn’t Ritek made Imation cd-rs be key for archival purposes? In a thread I posted recently about what cd-rs are the most long lasting & durable, several members said they Ritek cd-rs were of the highest quality & actually slightly better durability wise, (not necessarily burn quality wise,) than TYs. (I’m asking not suggesting by the way b/c I’m relatively new to this)

Ritek CD-R certainly aren’t bad, I’d choose them over CMC or MBI.

From what I’ve seen of Ritek-made CDRs so far, they’re very good - as I say though, I haven’t been using them long enough to say whether they’d be good for archival use. :slight_smile:

Plus I’ve never seen Ritek-made Imation CDRs over here, just CMC ones!

Phtalocyanine-based CDRs like the Riteks are in theory more stable than Cyanine-based ones like the TYs. But in real-world, as long as the discs are stored properly and aren’t left lying around out of their boxes, the TY have proven to be extremely stable. My oldest TY CDRs are from 1997 and they’re just as new! :cool:

The manufacturing quality (sealing, among other things) is extremely important for stability, and this is definitly what TY is good at with CDRs. They are still more sensitive to UV light than the best Phtalocyanine-based ones, so for people leaving their CDRs lying on a desk, in a car etc… better go for different discs.

As I mention above, if stored properly the TY CDRs are definitly of archiving quality.

Wouldn’t Ritek made Imation cd-rs be key for archival purposes?
Here I’m not 100% sure about what you’re asking… :confused: Best Ritek CDRs will probably be the Maxell and Traxdata branded ones.