What about DVD+R media and 411s?

Would like to know, as 411s still has some probs with DVD-R, what’s the best DVD+R media.

I seem to remember Memorex were not too good part from that, really I dunno. Are TDK, Philips any good ?

look in the media forum.

Ricoh RICOHJPNR00 is still the best quality (in most any drive). It’s rated at 2.4x and the 411 burns it at 2.4x with excellent results.
Widely available as Fuji DVD+R with no speed rating, TDK DVD+R 2.4x.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Ricoh RICOHJPNR00 is still the best quality (in most any drive). It’s rated at 2.4x and the 411 burns it at 2.4x with excellent results.
Widely available as Fuji DVD+R with no speed rating, TDK DVD+R 2.4x.

alright, thanks.

I know about the Media forum but really, knowing I need media from this or that fab is not really helpful when in a shop. At first you dunno what’s really inside the boxes, right ?

So thank you for the FUJI/TDK advice !

The Ricoh DVD+RW (Memorex) is excellent as well, none better.

I know about the Media forum but really, knowing I need media from this or that fab is not really helpful when in a shop. At first you dunno what’s really inside the boxes, right ?

the media forum listings include the brand name that they’re sold under.

Originally posted by AZImmortal
the media forum listings include the brand name that they’re sold under.

Yes I’m aware of that but since you can get about anything whan you buy some brand, knowing only the brand is not always a warranty of success :confused:

if u would just look at them, the media tests include both the brand name and manufacturer, heh.

knowing I need media from this or that fab is not really helpful when in a shop. At first you dunno what’s really inside the boxes, right ?

knowing only the brand is not always a warranty of success

exactly what piece of info are u looking for besides brand name or manufacturer?

pics ? Seems packaging in often different (staying in the same brand) when media comes from different fab.