What about CD cops 2.1 protection

well how can I back a CD protected with CD cops 2.1 protection

Clone CD and the Clony setting didnt work

My understanding is that you can’t unless you happen to have some old kodak gold cdrs left and a whole lot of luck.

You should post the game/app name, maybe someone has had some luck with it in the past.

well its an application CD called jinan i dont think anyone here had heard about it … .

this CD is proteced with CD cops 2.1 protection it is

the process of copyign the CD gets completed, but at the time you try to install the software available on the Copied CD it will never recognise the CD in the rom and will keep on asking for the CD key and will not accept the key when enetered … I ve tried running that CD as an image available in the Hard Disk using fantom CD and clone CD too but it didnt work as well

Time for SirDavidGuy to adapt Twinsector method for CD-Cops :slight_smile:

hi
look here
& here
good luck

Thanx alexnoe

I will check them and see what can be happened

thanx anyway

I managed to make a working image of ´Bjerkøbing grandprix´ ( Danish version of FlÃ¥klypa Grand Prix) using the ‘Cdcops profile’ in ‘Alcohol 120%’. I mounted the image file with Deamontools afterwards. Remember to mount the small ‘mds file’ and not the image itself. Before this succes i have produced a lot of coasters ,using Clonecd (and ohter software)
in a combination with Kodak-gold/verbatim cdr’s. I only made one disk that did work. And it only worked somtimes and not in all drives. So i must say it’s a difficult task youre in for. I have also tried to patch the ‘exe’ with a lot of different Cdcops-unwrappers, but none of them did work. So if i was you i would give the ‘alcohol’ metod a try. By the way ´Bjerkøbing grandprix´ is protected with ‘cdcops 2.04’.

BeeR_DoG wish you good luck.

With the latest version of alcohol it should also be possible to get a working copy (sort of) of a cd-cops protected game with the RMPS function enabled.

Media used shouldn’t matter but alcohol must be on the system with RMPS enabled for the copy to work.

well I have now managed to make a successful image using alcohol120% using the pleaxtor 24x10 drive… the image runs if mounted to the virtual drive of alcohol … however if i burn it the cd wont work and the protection wont approve the disk

so any idea …

i also tried to make an image of the same using HP 9510i CD writer using alcohol , but the image didnt work , on the virtual drive …

any idea …

thanx

Have you tried burning using the RMPS function and then running the copy with RMPS enabled?

You could try to patch the ‘*.*exe’. There’s a program out there called ‘CD-Cops Emulator’, which might do the job. I did have a partial succes with ´Bjerkøbing grandprix´ doing that. All I did was to burn a cd with the pached *.*exe’ instead of the original. After that the game did load, but the graphics went nuts in a certain level of the game.obviously there was a cd check that was’ent removed. Except for that particular level and some saving problems the game worked.

It seems to me that Cd-Cops 2.1 behave different than Cd-Cops 2.04, because I never had any problems with installing the game, only with the verifying of the cd, after the installation.

I hope i dont’ violate the forum rules by suggesting to patch the ‘exe’.

Personally I’m satisfied with the ‘Alcohol’/ ‘Daemon-tools’ solution.
The only thing I tried to achive was to avoid my son’s hard handling of his games.

BeeR_DoG

@ Philamber,

Hi there,

could you elaborate a bit on

“Have you tried burning using the RMPS function and then running the copy with RMPS enabled?”

what is RMPS ? my lingo is a bit rusty at the moment !
Thanks.

philamber

well yes i enabled the RMPS function , it worked on the system where plextor was the CD writer but not where HP 9510i was the D writer,

and where it worked ofcourse it needed the Alcohol presence,

:confused:

Originally posted by PaRaDoX
[Bwhat is RMPS ? my lingo is a bit rusty at the moment !
[/B]

No, you’re not rusty m8. RMPS is alcohol’s brand new emulation toy. It stands for Recordable Media Physical Signature.

What it does with games that use special media such as supernew securom, protectcd 5 and, probably, cd-cops, is record on the burnt cdr/w the data position measurement info contained in the mds file created when dpm is enabled when making the disc image. If alcohol is on the system with RMPS emulation enabled the copy cd burnt with RMPS will work like an original (at least it does with securom supernew and I’m reliably informed that it does with protectcd 5 too).

@ 3aFaReeT

Do you have alcohol on your system with the HP writer and, if so, do you have RMPS emulation enabled on that system?

philamber

Well, yes man i have alcohol with RMPS function enabled in emulation

Thanks Philamber,

Thanks for the explanation, sounds interesting !

I am going to try this alcohol, it sounds interesting, does the demo have the full functionality?

I might consider buying it if I am impressed with the demo that is?

One other question,

I am not sure if I understood this clearly but can Alcohol make a 1:1 copy of Securom (4.8X NEW) on the disk !? or the image has to be mounted ?

Thanks again

Originally posted by PaRaDoX
[B]I am going to try this alcohol, it sounds interesting, does the demo have the full functionality?

One other question,

I am not sure if I understood this clearly but can Alcohol make a 1:1 copy of Securom (4.8X NEW) on the disk !? or the image has to be mounted ?[/B]

1. I believe the demo is fully functional.

2. Alcohol with the RMPS function makes a copy that will run from the cdr as if it were an original so long as alcohol is on the system and RMPS emulation is enabled. There’s no need to mount anything (but it’s not a 1:1 copy).

(Note that once RMPS emulation has been enabled, you don’t have to start alcohol before running the copy even after a re-boot. It will run anyway so obviously the RMPS emulation function is a tsr that’s loaded at start up. Note also that if you put a copy made with RMPS into one of your roms without RMPS emulation enabled, the cd will show up in explorer as requiring emulation.)

Originally posted by 3aFaReeT
well I have now managed to make a successful image using alcohol120% using the pleaxtor 24x10 drive… the image runs if mounted to the virtual drive of alcohol … however if i burn it the cd wont work and the protection wont approve the disk

You have to burn it with RMPS data for later emulation.

momanclan,

i would appreciate you inpute … yes it is the same CD you are talking about

thanx