What about 2 sheep readers? if I correct

I think my subject is right? Because I hear some people using DVD-Roms/CD-Roms are the best readers, but generally, everyone uses the burner as a reader, but my main question is, is there a list of the best readers?
Thanks

Originally posted by poopeyhed2
is there a list of the best readers?
No but you can consider these:[ul][]ASUS CRW-4010A[]ASUS CRW-4816A[]Lite-On LTD-163/5[]Toshiba SD-M1402[]Any IDE Plextor[]Toshiba SD-R1202[]You can also look here[] and G@M3FR3@K has a list of ‘others’ that he adores[/ul]

Thanks FutureProof! Would SCSI Plextors work too? or no? Because my bro has a Plextor SCSI burner, and you said IDE so I don’t know…

Originally posted by poopeyhed2
Thanks FutureProof! Would SCSI Plextors work too? or no? Because my bro has a Plextor SCSI burner, and you said IDE so I don’t know…
SCSI Plextor CD-ROM are great as a reader; SCSI Plextor burners are :Z

How to I do if my IOMEGA 24x IDE (Plextor OEM) reads better than my Sony 52x IDE? Should I look at the time taken to read 1 CD image? Or are there anything else?

Poopey, my bro only has the SCSI Plextor burner, and no CD-Rom :frowning:

Originally posted by cci[RR]us
How to I do if my IOMEGA 24x IDE (Plextor OEM) reads better than my Sony 52x IDE? Should I look at the time taken to read 1 CD image? Or are there anything else?
There are factors such as reliability in terms of producing a 1:1 image; can it skip errors correctly; can it read RAW-DAO and so on.

Leave the Sony for playing music and installing games etc. The Plextors are great audio rippers but if you are serious about backing up then you’ll need an ASUS burner for reading & writing or a combination of Lite-On burner and Toshi/Lite-On DVD-ROM.