What A Problem?

vbimport

I have been handling a server from last 2 months.Actually this server as owner says got restart suddenly then when it started working suddenly all machine attached to it got dump error.After manually restarting the server the attached machine came back to life but server got out off order.Its getting restart continuously after every 10 seconds.It reaches till booting point then suddenly dump error screen flashes for a second or two then again it gets restart.
I am trying to solve this problem but am not getting where it is actually.So now I have decided to format its C drive,but problem is that office persons will loose there database as they didnt took backup from last week.
What to do?

Boot a WinPE environment and back it up (assuming that filesystem isnt corrupt) or send it to Ibas. I would also recommend you to hand it over to someone else since an administrator should know what to do in these situations.
//Danne

Open the case and ensure that the heatsink on the processor/s are clean and the fan works if fitted. Also check that all the plugs are securely seated as should be the memory and any cards that are fitted.
If after this you still have a problem boot from the cd etc and run a diagnostic on the hard drive from the manufacturers site, to eliminate it from the problems.
If any of this is difficult for you let someone who knows solve the problems as DiiZzY suggests.

Check your capacitiors if they are raised or brown on top then the MOBO is shot.

Check ram.

These are the 2 most problems that I have found for continous rebooting

bean55

Another cause of a reboot cycle is the My Doom virus and a few newer clones of it.