WH16NS40 - Won't read, even previously written discs, why?

vbimport

WH16NS40 I bought to replace another LG BLURAY.

But this new one will not see/recognize the already written files on each disc I insert.
I tried getting the most up to date drivers etc and still nothing.

Is there some trick/hack that LG includes with all BLURAY;s?

Please give mercey:sad:
and help if you can, thanks

am I in wrong forum for help? :frowning:

Is it every type of disc [CD, DVD, BD], or just certain types?

[QUOTE=Albert;2725657]Is it every type of disc [CD, DVD, BD], or just certain types?[/QUOTE]

Just Blu-Ray and it’s any brand Blu-Ray.

Thank you.

Okay. Did your old drive fail, or did you just decide to upgrade? Did the WH16NS40 ever read Blu-ray media, or has it always been broken? Can the WH16 burn to BD-R/BD-RE?

[QUOTE=Albert;2725718]Okay. Did your old drive fail, or did you just decide to upgrade? Did the WH16NS40 ever read Blu-ray media, or has it always been broken? Can the WH16 burn to BD-R/BD-RE?[/QUOTE]

The older drive “WH10LS30” started to not burn blu-rays every 8th or so disc so I decided to upgrade to a newer drive the LG WH16NS40.

Is there some secret software that will make all this work?

thanks

Sounds like your old device had the heads out of align. I assume that the older device would read the disk that IT wrote. I also assume that the new device will read the disk that IT writes. If that is the reason (heads misaligned) then there is nothing you can do about it.

Marty

[QUOTE=axelrose;2725747]
Is there some secret software that will make all this work?

thanks[/QUOTE]
No; the newer drive should just Work, all things kept equal. I’m assuming that the older WH10 would still read BD discs if you put it back in the system, so it just sounds like the WH16 is broken…

I assume, sort of like thor21344, that the WH16 can actually /write/ to BD media?

Well what is a good free software for me to burn to blu-ray?

and yes it wrote but I had to put it at 1X speed?

[QUOTE=axelrose;2725794]Well what is a good free software for me to burn to blu-ray?

and yes it wrote but I had to put it at 1X speed?[/QUOTE]

Unless the protection is decrypted you won’t be able to copy/backup a BD media or DVD in that case.