WH16NS40 Firmware

vbimport

I have the WH16NS40 and it’s the same as the BH16NS40. I checked LG’s site and there is a update for BH16NS40 but not for the WH16NS40. Does anyone know how to flash it and or is this drive is an twin of another lite-on etc? :slight_smile: Thanks!

[QUOTE=dave1977nj;2715363]I have the WH16NS40 and it’s the same as the BH16NS40. I checked LG’s site and there is a update for BH16NS40 but not for the WH16NS40. Does anyone know how to flash it and or is this drive is an twin of another lite-on etc? :slight_smile: Thanks![/QUOTE]

yes i have the same problem…no firmware update for the wh16ns40. Is there a way to cross flash with the BH16NS40 firmware?

Just got BH16NS40, what is new in this firmware?

how does one edit a firmware software?

New firmware released for LG WH16NS40 Blu-ray drive…

Have you guys updated your firmware yet?

[QUOTE=DukeOfUrl;2724479]Have you guys updated your firmware yet?[/QUOTE]

I’ve updated my BH16NS40 to the latest firmware a while back. No problems as far as I’m concerned. I would expect the same of the WH16NS40 since the two drives are basically identical in hardware, and drive ID aside, the firmwares should be largely similar I would think…

Thanks cvs, I got my WH16NS40 yesterday and have 3 of the 25GB Blu-ray M-Discs in-hand for backups I’m planning. I will update the firmware from 1.00 before I attempt this, as I suspect since the BDs are absolutely brand-new to the market as of the last few weeks that the new firmware will be needed to burn them properly.

At least, that’s my assumption so I’ll go for it…