Western Digital WD5000AAKS Caviar Blue 500G Hard Drive $33 shipped

vbimport

TigerDirect has:
Western Digital 500 Gigabyte Hard Drive
Normally: $39.99
Now: $29.99 After Coupon Code at Checkout

Enter COUPON CODE TBZ13837 at checkout.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2795126&SRCCODE=WEM2510TT

$3? shipping
I just bought another one of these last week for $4o

p.s. this was a e-mail deal and it has been posted on SlickD’s

Yo Mr evill-

$60 for a TB = [B][I]awesome[/I][/B] - and a Western Digital TB too-eh!! :clap: :clap:

With shipping and sales tax, bottom line was $34.73 for me. (I’m in Texas)

Amazon has a 1 TB drive for $44.99, no sales tax, free shipping, no coupon code needed. And a 1.5 TB for $69.99. Up to you which one you need or want, 0.5GB for $35 or 1.0GB for $45 or 1.5 TB for $70.

Would cost me $36 plus change but I never was too crazy for the 16MB cache
hard drives 32MB is minimum cache for me and 64MB is better. :bigsmile:

But if you are just looking for a budget hdd for a budget build or just some cheap
extra storage space and speed doesn’t matter then it would pretty much fit the bill. :iagree:

I’ve read reviews and heard from people that owned the blue series WD drives that
they just do not hold up all that good in the long run and are extremely slow. :eek:

[QUOTE=getit29;2561108]Would cost me $36 plus change but I never was too crazy for the 16MB cache
hard drives 32MB is minimum cache for me and 64MB is better. :bigsmile:

But if you are just looking for a budget hdd for a budget build or just some cheap
extra storage space and speed doesn’t matter then it would pretty much fit the bill. :iagree:

I’ve read reviews and heard from people that owned the blue series WD drives that
they just do not hold up all that good in the long run and are extremely slow. :eek:[/QUOTE]

I agree 110% :iagree:
and 500GB is too small

Yo-

I’ve got two 500gb WD Caviar Blacks in this computer and I’m extemely satisfied with their performance to date-eh.

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2561204]Yo-

I’ve got two 500gb WD Caviar Blacks in this computer and I’m extemely satisfied with their performance to date-eh.[/QUOTE]

I’ve got a 500GB WD Caviar Black as my boot drive and a 1TB WD Caviar Black as a
storage drive along with 2 Hitachi 2TB drives and a 1TB Hitachi drive. Nothing really
wrong with the WD Caviar Black drives except they are just a tad bit slower than the
Hitachi drives.

I have another Hitachi 1TB drive on the way here should be here on Monday think I’ll
use it as a boot drive and replace the WD Black for a while until the price of the SSD’s
maybe comes down some more. :frowning:

[QUOTE=getit29;2561231]…WD Black for a while until the price of the SSD’s maybe comes down some more. :([/QUOTE]

Yo getit29-

Unless you are looking for long term reliability in your desktop - and not speed - then a SSD drive will serve you well. The SSD in my burning computer was a disappointment in the speed comparison department - no real difference from the 320 WD Caviar Black it replaced-eh!! :sad: