Western Digital Scorpio drives

vbimport

Ok I just returned 2 WD Scorpio drive to newegg 1 started clicking about a day after I got it, the second one I think it came loose from the SATA to USB adapter while in use and fried it.

I am not really counting the second one as a defect since I am not sure if it wasd my fault or not.

Just wondering what everyone else thinks of WD Scorpio drives, is this a common problem with their laptop drive? BTW I have 2 WD my passport drives that work fine and all my desktops have WD HDs that all still work fine

I have 2 of them in external enclosures, and have had no problems with them.
One of them is 100GB and is about 2 years old, the other is a 120GB and about one year old.

Thanks Dee, like I said I don’t want to count the second drive as defective but there is still this voice in the back of my mind saying they both failed, I hope the new drive last as long as yours

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2469584]Thanks Dee, like I said I don’t want to count the second drive as defective but there is still this voice in the back of my mind saying they both failed, I hope the new drive last as long as yours[/QUOTE]Perhaps just bad luck. :slight_smile:
I’ll keep my fingers crossed that the new one is better. :slight_smile: