Were the RIAAA trying to get me to incriminate myself?

Something wierd happened on Kazaa yesterday. I was using KazaaLite and had set myself up as a supernode to try and help Kazaalite users stay on the Fast Track network. Before I went supernode, I hardly ever got messages from other users but yesterday I got 2: “Can I download File X from you, there are no other sources” and “This is just the demo - do you want the full version?”.

Now both of those strike me as somewhat suspicious. Why would anyone ask if they could d/l a specific file from me? And why would anyone offer to supply a full version of a game? Both of those things can be obtained w/o chatting with users. Needless to say, I gave non-committal answers, logged off and am now using Shareaza. Were the authorities trying to get me to incriminate myself?

Probably warez distributers who want to spread thei word through your supernode connection?

Dunno much about the supernode thing, but that is what I suspect happened.

You have to be acreful what to accept and know that illegally downloaded stuff always contains a risk… (not to mention the risk on this forum when talking about illegal stuff :wink: )

It’s not unusual for the RIAA / MPAA to use such tactics.

Originally posted by Smart@$$
[B]Probably warez distributers who want to spread thei word through your supernode connection?

Dunno much about the supernode thing, but that is what I suspect happened.

You have to be acreful what to accept and know that illegally downloaded stuff always contains a risk… (not to mention the risk on this forum when talking about illegal stuff :wink: ) [/B]

most likely warez because kazaa lite is now a network within itself with the new version checker. but i use sharaza now too and it works well. but it could be the RIAA but i doubt it.