We're planning to move away from Vbulletin to Discourse

vbimport

Ahh… those old screenshots bring back memories of what websites used to look and feel like. I actually wish websites still looked like that. So many of today’s websites have this flat and ugly look to them. Also, websites back then were intended to use less bandwidth than today’s sites (since many users still were on dial-up). Today’s bloated website can sometimes make sharing a connection with an entire household unpleasant.

Anyway, IDK about anyone else, but I can’t see much from those pictures you posted (maybe it’s just me, but those images seem a little blurry). But, when the time comes, might I suggest making a preview version of the forums, which users can play with before it becomes final? Perhaps the URL could look something [B]h[/B][B]ttp://club.myce.com/beta[/B]

Also, IDK about anyone else, but I’m not a fan of bottomless pages, as I’ve always found them to be really irritating. If there is a setting to disable this feature, that would be nice.:flower:

In any case, I’ll still be here for so long as the website’s future glitches (I assume there will be one or two) don’t cause my computer to explode. I’m not a fan of exploding machinery.:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2771217]I’m not a fan of exploding machinery.:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Not even from a safe distance?

[QUOTE=Albert;2771223]Not even from a safe distance?[/QUOTE]

LOL, everyone enjoys a good explosion! :bigsmile:

It’s just a pity that Mythbusters has finished now. :frowning:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2771217]Ahh… those old screenshots bring back memories of what websites used to look and feel like. I actually wish websites still looked like that. [/QUOTE]
One of the biggest problems lately is this dreaded responsiveness or “Mobile first” approach when building websites.

Until about 10 years ago, most people viewed the web on a 1024 or 1280 pixel wide display, so most websites were designed to fit within roughly 990 pixels wide. So developers could be creative as to how to lay out items. After that, they just had to troubleshoot the quirks of various web browsers, especially the notorious Internet Explorer 6.

Now websites must cover anything from small 4" mobile screens to 20" monitors. Personally it never bothered me to just double-tap a block of text on my phone to read it, but unless a website is “mobile friendly”, some search engines such as Google penalise it in mobile/tablet web searches.

Maybe someday I’ll have a go at a challenge of trying to create a retro theme to mimic the 2003-2006 theme. I already did this a few years ago with the forum theme “CD Freaks V1.0 style” where I only had 5 screenshots and a few old saved webpages from the forum to work from, which I did as a hobby to practice my CSS as I was learning it. As some may remember from a few years ago, the CD Freaks V1.0 theme had just the original header and orange/blue colours, but everything else (buttons and icons, some HTML/CSS code, etc.) was overwritten by the V2.0 theme.

[QUOTE=Seán;2771289]Until about 10 years ago, most people viewed the web on a 1024 or 1280 pixel wide display, so most websites were designed to fit within roughly 990 pixels wide. So developers could be creative as to how to lay out items. After that, they just had to troubleshoot the quirks of various web browsers, especially the notorious Internet Explorer 6.[/QUOTE]IMHO much of the underlying code websites use has improved over the years, a partial result of the improvements in most web browsers (especially the decline of IE 6). However, the visual styles of many webpages has gone downhill. JMHO.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2771245]LOL, everyone enjoys a good explosion! :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]Did I just hear the synopsis of every movie Michael Bay has ever directed?

[QUOTE=Seán;2771289] I already did this a few years ago with the forum theme “CD Freaks V1.0 style” where I only had 5 screenshots and a few old saved webpages from the forum to work from, which I did as a hobby to practice my CSS as I was learning it. As some may remember from a few years ago, the CD Freaks V1.0 theme had just the original header and orange/blue colours, but everything else (buttons and icons, some HTML/CSS code, etc.) was overwritten by the V2.0 theme.[/QUOTE]

You did well ! :iagree:
Your theme comes very close to the original…:clap:
Did I already mention that I’m using your theme? :bigsmile:

I am also tired with vbulletin. No customer support, no new development, no support for.old.versions.

Which forum are you running now?

Is the migration to Discourse still going to occur or has Discourse been ruled out?

[QUOTE=Wesociety;2786329]Is the migration to Discourse still going to occur or has Discourse been ruled out?[/QUOTE]