Were Memorex DL on sale anywhere this week?

[QUOTE=MysticEyes;2035815]Here ya go, dirt cheap.

http://www.buy.com/prod/memorex-2-pack-of-25-8x-double-layer-media-dvd-r/q/loc/101/206820996.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

[QUOTE=kefravenshield;2037144][B]Memorex at Buydotcom is RitekS04.[/B]

There’s MII verb at meritline:
20 Pack Verbatim (95310) 2.4X (Up to 6X) Double Layer DVD+R Free Standard Shipping (Continental USA Only)
Item code: 104-225-020
Only $25.99 Shipped After $8 Mail-In Rebate[/QUOTE]

does anyone know if these burn decent @ 2.4x ? … cause i just checked the firmware on my burner (Lite-On 1673S from 2005) and supports that media code but only @ 2.4x burning speed.

They should burn fine at 2.4x

I only burn them at 2.4x. and havent had any bad burns.

[QUOTE=import_fighter;2037333]I only burn them at 2.4x. and havent had any bad burns.[/QUOTE]

Which burner/FW do you use? I had a tough time with the S04 until I bought Pioneer 115. Prior to that I did not have any luck using Pio 111, BenQ1640 and 3 others.

I use the Samsung sh-s182d with the newest firmware SB06.

[QUOTE=import_fighter;2037376]I use the Samsung sh-s182d with the newest firmware SB06.[/QUOTE]

Thx.

[QUOTE=ricoman;2035401]Don’t mean to sidetrack the thread, but does TY make DL media? I don’t think I have ever seen them and I wonder why they wouldn’t. There apparently is a market for DL media. As far as been rude goes, I don’t think anyone was trying to be rude, just probably trying to be funny and/or show disdain for any DL media that isn’t Verbatim. Just wouldn’t waste my money on anything else. DL media in general ain’t great, even Verbs don’t scan great. I wonder what the longevity is on them, how quickly they degrade.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing why wouldn’t they

If I were you I would forget about buying or even considering to buy “Memrex” DL disk since they are among the worse ones. Go for either Sony or Verbatim.

[QUOTE=TCAS;2038343]If I were you I would forget about buying or even considering to buy “Memrex” DL disk since they are among the worse ones. Go for either Sony or Verbatim.[/QUOTE]
The OP was asking for deals… not the same old Memorex is crap litany. And for the record the MII Verbs are no jewels. Many folks have had decent results with Ritek DL.

I bought 100 memorex 8x dl discs for $79.98 with free shipping on buy.com last week.

Maybe they still have the deal. ($39.99/50)

the new 8x DL memorex media media id is Ritek S04-42 and fail miserably on both my lite-on LH-20A1H (LL0C) writer and my (Samung) TSSTCorp SH-203B (SB03)… the older DL media was Ritek S0-04-01.
o i guess i’ll put the 100 blank aside until the drives get another firmware update or I purchase a unit compatible to the S04-42 media now… hey drives are cheap, i could use another one or two anyway.
Or i can use the more expensive verbatim 8x DL which also changed.

[QUOTE=import_fighter;2037376]I use the Samsung sh-s182d with the newest firmware SB06.[/QUOTE]

Hehe…I’m kinda not surprised, I have the same Sammy, same firmware and it’ll burn practically anything I throw at it. :wink:

Yes, I know that the question was on price, not on how good the Memorex DL discs are. Just cannot help saying how ticked off I am with them. I got a new DVD Recorder and this one can burn DL discs so I bought a 5 pack of Memorex DVD+R DL’s. Not one of them worked. I tried all kinds of different things, talked to Panasonic tech, spent many hours googling trying to find the problem. And you know what?

The guy from Panasonic and another forum was right. It WAS the discs. I cannot return them to the store as their policy for anything electronic is 30 days.

The other day I went out and bought a 10 pack of Sony DL’s and as soon as I popped it into my DVDR, it was fine and ready to record. They work great! I’ve used 3 of them so far and no problems at all.

The reason I bought a new DVD Recorder was because my old one wasn’t reading the discs. For some reason, it read the Sony ones and it never dawned on me that it was the brand. I didn’t have to buy a new DVD Recorder after all. Granted, my old one didn’t record DL discs but I really could not afford a new recorder due to some really bad financial problems I am having. I know … my own fault, but still …

yea its a sweet burner.:iagree:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2039333]Hehe…I’m kinda not surprised, I have the same Sammy, same firmware and it’ll burn practically anything I throw at it. ;)[/QUOTE]

Memerox is good for killing your dvd laser