Were Memorex DL on sale anywhere this week?

vbimport

Does anyone happen to know if the 15 pack of Memorex DL went on sale anywhere this week Retail?

IMHO i wouldn’t waste the bills on Memorex.

For DL burning, i personally would stick with Verbatims.

[QUOTE=import_fighter;2035149]Does anyone happen to know if the 15 pack of Memorex DL went on sale anywhere this week Retail?[/QUOTE]

:Z

[QUOTE=import_fighter;2035149]Does anyone happen to know if the 15 pack of Memorex DL went on sale anywhere this week Retail?[/QUOTE]Never used them…you like them?

Lol.

Guess i’m not alone on this one.

i am good to go with Memorex. they are the ones that i have had the least problems with. not that i have scanned every one i have burned. but making coasters, never had one.

[QUOTE=import_fighter;2035149]Does anyone happen to know if the 15 pack of Memorex DL went on sale anywhere this week Retail?[/QUOTE]

Don’t know. Don’t care.

I’d rather pay twice the price for the Verbs.

Please forgive some folks and their rudeness, but the OP will find that there is almost no one on CDFreaks who knows about or even cares about the price or availability of Memorex media, whether it be single-layer or dual-layer. If it isn’t Verbatim or Sony MIS, it isn’t on our radar.

Don’t mean to sidetrack the thread, but does TY make DL media? I don’t think I have ever seen them and I wonder why they wouldn’t. There apparently is a market for DL media. As far as been rude goes, I don’t think anyone was trying to be rude, just probably trying to be funny and/or show disdain for any DL media that isn’t Verbatim. Just wouldn’t waste my money on anything else. DL media in general ain’t great, even Verbs don’t scan great. I wonder what the longevity is on them, how quickly they degrade.

Thanks for the responses guys :smiley:

But I haven’t had any problems with the Memorex DL’s for what I use them.

Don’t worry. My +r’s are MIJ 8x Sony’s.:iagree:

[QUOTE=ricoman;2035401]Don’t mean to sidetrack the thread, but does TY make DL media? I don’t think I have ever seen them and I wonder why they wouldn’t. There apparently is a market for DL media. As far as been rude goes, I don’t think anyone was trying to be rude, just probably trying to be funny and/or show disdain for any DL media that isn’t Verbatim. Just wouldn’t waste my money on anything else. DL media in general ain’t great, even Verbs don’t scan great. I wonder what the longevity is on them, how quickly they degrade.[/QUOTE]

Yup, TY does make DL’s, DVD-R DL’s that is.

Awhile back some online company was selling them to the US for around $4-5/disc, sold only in 50-packs.

But with MIS Verbatim’s, I wouldn’t worry much about them.

TYG11 is TY DVD-R DL media.

I think you can find Memowrecks DL all over the net…

[QUOTE=import_fighter;2035422]Thanks for the responses guys :smiley:

But I haven’t had any problems with the Memorex DL’s for what I use them.

Don’t worry. My +r’s are MIJ 8x Sony’s.:iagree:[/QUOTE]
Here ya go, dirt cheap.

http://www.buy.com/prod/memorex-2-pack-of-25-8x-double-layer-media-dvd-r/q/loc/101/206820996.html

hey, stop with the memorex DL bashing. He might have different use for it. I am sure it is not for burning with a burner. Are you burning them as fire log?? It might produce toxic fume, harmful to health

[QUOTE=MysticEyes;2035815]Here ya go, dirt cheap.

http://www.buy.com/prod/memorex-2-pack-of-25-8x-double-layer-media-dvd-r/q/loc/101/206820996.html[/QUOTE]

hell that’s a great price :wink: (50 discs for 39.99 with free ship)… so thats like under 1 dollar a disc… damn good price… but i just aint sure if it’s worth the risk using them… cause if they worked ‘reasonably well’ for PC data backups i would probably buy some.

but are they even likely to fail for PC data backup when burning them? … cause in general my burner even burns cheap media pretty well (i dont use cheap media anymore though in general to be safe) … ‘so far’ i never had a coaster when burning with my Lite-on 1673S drive although i never burned ANY DVD+R DL media in it besides Verbatim DVD+R DL (MIS) so far.

[QUOTE=NBR;2036166]hell that’s a great price :wink: (50 discs for 39.99 with free ship)… so thats like under 1 dollar a disc… damn good price… [B]but i just aint sure if it’s worth the risk using them… cause if they worked ‘reasonably well’ for PC data backups i would probably buy some.[/B]

but are they even likely to fail for PC data backup when burning them? … cause in general my burner even burns cheap media pretty well (i dont use cheap media anymore though in general to be safe) … ‘so far’ i never had a coaster when burning with my Lite-on 1673S drive although i never burned ANY DVD+R DL media in it besides Verbatim DVD+R DL (MIS) so far.[/QUOTE]
I’ve used them, assuming them to be Ritek’s they used in the past, and they work for movies. But I wouldn’t use them for important data that I might want to save.

I’ve burned a few discs that work in my JVC, 2 Phillips, a Magnavox and a Sony. My older Pioneer recorder would not play them. The scans aren’t great, but these [B]are just movies[/B]. I’ll see if they still work next year, but if they don’t… big deal I’ll just toss them. I mostly use (especially for data backup) my trusty $.30 TYG02’s.

[QUOTE=MysticEyes;2036430]I’ve used them, assuming them to be Ritek’s they used in the past, and they work for movies. But I wouldn’t use them for important data that I might want to save.

I’ve burned a few discs that work in my JVC, 2 Phillips, a Magnavox and a Sony. My older Pioneer recorder would not play them. The scans aren’t great, but these [B]are just movies[/B]. I’ll see if they still work next year, but if they don’t… big deal I’ll just toss them. I mostly use (especially for data backup) my trusty $.30 TYG02’s.[/QUOTE]

also about those memorex ones (DVD+R DL 8x cert)… does the 8x ones offer burning burn well @ 2.4x? (cause generally speaking most 8x cert media only burns @ minimum of 4x to keep quality of burning ‘up to standards’) … cause my drive cant burn over 4x anyways AND what media code are the 8x ones? , cause my burner might only support 2.4x burning for that particular media code. (i can check to see what mine supports)

@NBR

Sorry I just checked the ones I used (they were given to me by someone who had no luck with them) they are the older ones.

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R-DL:RITEK-D01-001]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R DL] - [Not Available]
Manufacturer Name : [Ritek Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [RITEK]
Media Type ID : [D01]
Product Revision : [001]
Blank Disc Capacity : [4,173,824 Sectors = 8.55 GB (7.96 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [2.4x]

[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Sorry for the confusion.

Memorex at Buydotcom is RitekS04.

There’s MII verb at meritline:
20 Pack Verbatim (95310) 2.4X (Up to 6X) Double Layer DVD+R Free Standard Shipping (Continental USA Only)
Item code: 104-225-020
Only $25.99 Shipped After $8 Mail-In Rebate