Well, I have a LG 32X and I can copy SD2.51 (without AWS) but

vbimport

WHAT ABOUT MY FRIENDS OR PEOPLE I COPY CDs??? Do they need to have installed CloneCD tray to play?? What readers are affected by the ATIP killer?? My TOSHIBA SD-M1502 isn't :slight_smile: , and i suppose other TOSHIBA aren't... but if not??:confused:

They only need CloneCD Tray if they are attempting to play a backup with ATIP checking from a writer.

Cheers

Ok, so the ATP killer is just for WRITERS. It doesn’t affect to readers, does it?

Read this article and you’ll understand it :slight_smile:

Also some CD readers are able to read ATIP :wink:

Es: COMPAQ DVD 621B
Infact all SECUROM NEW games don’t’ works on this reader :frowning:

I’ve got a question… :slight_smile:

Only a CD-Writer can read the ATIP (because like I said before this ATIP is only needed when writing a CD-R).

The ATIP protection is based on this fact: when the game starts it checks if there’s ATIP info present: if so then it will presume it’s a CD-R disc and will not play. However a normal CD-ROM cannot read this ATIP and will of course ‘say’ that this data is not present: thus the copy will work…

that being the case… would make ATIP protection useless rite? cause most CDroms cant read the ATIP

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Read this article and you’ll understand it :slight_smile:

Ok. Thx.

Originally posted by C4a0s
that being the case… would make ATIP protection useless rite? cause most CDroms cant read the ATIP
Yes but not completely. It will stop people from playing the back-up from a CD-Writer… (unless of course if you use CloneCD’s Hide CDR Media).