Welcome to CD Freaks v2.0 – Celebrate with us and win free stuff!

vbimport

I just posted the article Welcome to CD Freaks v2.0 – Celebrate with us and win free stuff!.

All our frequent visitors will probably be surprised; this is not the site you were used to! For nearly 18 months we have been working on a total redesign and re-code of CD Freaks and this is the…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12586-Welcome-to-CD-Freaks-v2_0--Celebrate-with-us-and-win-free-stuff.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12586-Welcome-to-CD-Freaks-v2_0--Celebrate-with-us-and-win-free-stuff.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Pretty :slight_smile:

Wow, what a change! Great work guys! Much much more modernised… I’m sure i’ll get used to this in no time. However, the URL shortening makes www.cdfreaks.com/giveaway to www.cdfr(…)ks.com/giveaway … which I think isn’t really necessary cos it doesn’t save any letters :stuck_out_tongue: Great work! Lets hope it runs smoothly, many thanks! Gough

Hmm, doesn’t seem that I can edit my reactions, and also doesn’t seem like URL detection is on … If you go to edit account, you get all these SQL errors.

In my honest opinion, i prefered the old one, and the reason is that it was a lot simpler. You just got here and got what you wanted. It was sleek ,simple and quite fast to get around not as colorful as it is now. Anyways, I hope it improves over time, and thanks very much for the effort anyways.

I think I’ve been a member & have written some articles since 1999 or earlier. Most people do not like change; I’ve learned that change is constant, therefore CONGRATULATIONS CDFREAKS! Our site has been a winner since its’ inception. It has been an honor & a priveledge to be a part of CdFreaks.com for many years. I’m behind you guys nomatter what you do, all the way!

First impressions are important, and my first impression is great! Keep up the good work! :g

One thing I always liked about CDFreaks was the simple, no-nonsense interface. I like seeing all the relevant pieces quickly. At first glance, it seems like this is still intact. Of course, it takes time to get used to a new interface… Will I like this better than the old one? Time will tell. But at least I’m glad the easy accessibility seems to be intact.

Great work, the new layout really reveals alot of the features the site has to offer alot more strongly whereas before they were hidden away, now they’re prominent and so hopefully will get used alot more by everyone, including me!

I liked the old interface more. This one is too loud - I feel like I’m in Vegas. I’m a professional Webmaster and, yes, change is constant but it seems to me like you’re throwing in everything but the kitchen sink. I like the colours, except this sickly yellow/gold (hard on the eyes).

too flashy! i preferred the old one, better presentation of all articles on one line. sorry, but your new web sucks now.

New site looks cool !!! Just one thing…I logged in on the home page and when I went to the Community/Forum I had to log in again…

Looks very good i think. I really don’t post much on this site much but i still view it from time to time. The front page looks very sleek and clean and the colour is well choosen. Well done CDFreaks for making the site look much better for the future. I wonder when you will do the forum section? Keep up the good work.

Damn, it’s so good to have CD Freaks back :smiley:

It is going to take some time getting use to, one thing it takes forever in firefox to load the page to react ect… Overall though I like it if the speed can be as fast as the older version on loading.

I like the old design more, it whas more tight. But that wont make this v2.0 a bad layout, i think i need some time to get use to it. Great Work as usual. 1 little question why is there no RSS support??

Sorry guys, I can’t say I like this new site design. Some of the new features look like they might be nice, but I don’t think they are worth the trade off. I don’t think the colour scheme looks that good (but that’s a simple matter of taste). It’s far too flashy and makes me feel like I’m using a Mac… which for me is not a very pleasent feeling at all. It strikes me as being more showy and less professional. It also seems to be much slower to load and harder to navigate. Hopefully some of these issues will be resolved though.

Too girly, flashy. Liked the old site better. WHERE IS THE “LATEST POSTS” COLUMN?

Bug/Typo Everywhere on the Contest page, you say Price(s) when you mean Prize(s) Also, the link to report bugs takes me to… MarvinMar, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else’s post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. :o

Also, question 10 seems very vague. Which packages are listed for the “Verbatim 16x DVD+R” media in the new pricewatch system? So far my answer looks like… Verbatim 95033 DVD+R 4.7GB 16x 25 pack , Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD+R LightScribe 20pack Discs, Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD+R LightScribe 20 Pack Spindle Discs, Verbatim 95243 DVD+R 4.7GB 16X White Glossy Inkjet Printable Hub Printable 20pk Slim Case, 25pack Verbatim 16X DVD+R Media 4.7GB Branded DVDPlusR Discs,25pack Verbatim 16X DVD+R Branded Blank DVD Media in cakebox, Verbatim (94917) 16X DVD+R 4.7GB DataLifePlus White Inkjet Hub Printable Media 50pack in Cake Box Spindle, 50 Verbatim DVD+R 16X 4.7GB Silver Thermal Lacquer Branded 50 Disc Spindle, 50 Verbatim DVD+R 16X 4.7GB White Inkjet Only 50 Disc Spindle No Stacking Ring (Hub Printable), VERBATIM - DVD+R 4.7GB 16X BRANDED SUPL SPINDLE 100PK, 100 Verbatim DVD+R 16X 4.7GB Silver Thermal Lacquer Branded 50 Disc Spindle, 100pack Verbatim DataLifePlus 16X DVD+R Media White Inkjet Hub Printable 4.7GB Blank DVDR Disc (94917) on Spindle, And thats only using 2 of the 5 pricewatch pages