? Weird, Visible Hidden Track

Hi,

A few weeks ago I took a picture of a CD because I could see a gap in it and figured it was a hidden track thing. I don’t remember which CD it was.

It looks pretty strange; is it or is it normal?

Perhaps that’s a data track. Pop it in your PC CD drive and see what comes up.

^^^ that locals like a Sony Audio Protection to me,a data track in between Audio tracks :stuck_out_tongue:

This is normal… But from his other posts I am sure he will find something like a RootKit behavior on the cd somehow! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=olyteddy;1977512]Perhaps that’s a data track. Pop it in your PC CD drive and see what comes up.[/QUOTE]
A data track at the end of the disc? I don’t remember which disc it was.

[QUOTE=achemen;1977515]^^^ that locals like a Sony Audio Protection to me,a data track in between Audio tracks :P[/QUOTE]
That narrows it down a bit, I can look for the Sony discs.

[QUOTE=THE C.;1977522]This is normal… But from his other posts[/QUOTE]PostS?

[QUOTE=THE C.;1977522]I am sure he will find something like a RootKit behavior on the cd somehow! :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
You mean like Sony’s XCP wiseguy? :rolleyes:

Enhanced CDs (Audios CDs with some extra ROM content) are multisession. They will have an audio session followed by the ROM session. These 2 sessions each have their own leadin and leadout.

If you look at the very inner part of your picture (just after the part that looks black with numbers in it) you will see the first session leadin. At the very outer edge you will see the second session leadout. The small band you are asking about has the same appearance. I believe what you are seeing is the 90 seconds of leadout and the 60 seconds of leadin that must be between sessions. This 2.5 minutes would take up about 1mm of space at radius 52mm to 53mm.

The majority of the data in leadin and leadout is nothing but zeroes. It is normal for these encoded areas to have a different appearance than actual audio tracks and ROM tracks.

RM

[QUOTE=RichMan;1978205]Enhanced CDs (Audios CDs with some extra ROM content) are multisession. They will have an audio session followed by the ROM session. These 2 sessions each have their own leadin and leadout.

If you look at the very inner part of your picture (just after the part that looks black with numbers in it) you will see the first session leadin. At the very outer edge you will see the second session leadout. The small band you are asking about has the same appearance. I believe what you are seeing is the 90 seconds of leadout and the 60 seconds of leadin that must be between sessions. This 2.5 minutes would take up about 1mm of space at radius 52mm to 53mm.

The majority of the data in leadin and leadout is nothing but zeroes. It is normal for these encoded areas to have a different appearance than actual audio tracks and ROM tracks.

RM[/QUOTE]

Thanks, you’re right. I found the disc and it did indeed have a second session with some stuff on it. What I was thinking about where the data is at the start was game cds with data followed by the audio tracks.