I know DMA has been discussed lots on here but can’t seem to find an answer to a problem I am having.
I realised that my Sony DVD recorder was taking ages to burn my dvd’s, checked the properties and realised it was using PIO only, tried to change the setting to DMA if available but it still said it was using PIO.
Got a firmware upgrade which changed my sony dvd to a LITE on dvd, now I can change the setting to DMA and it says it is using Ultra DMA 2 however it now won’t read the DEVD or let me burn. All works fine but slow when I change it back to PIO.
Another weird thing, when I changed it to DMA and rebooted the it hung when loading windows at the balck screen with the windows logo and the blue progress indicator.
I have tried all the common fixes such as deleting the IDE channel and rebooting etc, also tried editing the registry but still can’t get DMA to work
All comments welcome