Weird problem with a backed up movie

vbimport

I have been trying to make backups of some of the movies I recently bought, but I am getting a really weird error lately.

My movies seems to rip fine (I have tried both the latest versions of DVDFab Platinum and AnyDVD) and they seem to burn fine (in Nero Recode, DVD Shrink & CloneDVD2). Plays fine in my PC in VLC. However when played on set top boxes the front of the DVD player reads Menu as it normally does when you insert the DVD, but rather then the menu popping up a random scene starts to play.

Pressing Menu on the DVD Remote restarts that scene.

I thought it could have been the burner so I went out and bought a new one (Pioneer DVR-116DBK), same thing is happening though. I thought it might have been a faulty disk so I switched to another DVD I bought, same problem. And I don’t see how it could be the software when it is happening in 2 different rippers and 3 different DVD Shrink/Authoring programs.

Has anyone had this happened? Anyone know how to fix it? Thanks

Are you setting your software to rip the entire DVD, or just the main movie?

It looks like you’ve selected the main title (movie) only when you’ve extracted & encoded them.

you mention dvdfab…

my suggestion is to use dvdfab 5110 [or latest available from dvdfab.com] in main movie mode. then burn with imgburn [available from imgburn.com] at 8x write speed.

if you still have problem please post a burn log, imgburn > help> logs

[QUOTE=Corizzle;2159015]I have been trying to make backups of some of the movies I recently bought, but I am getting a really weird error lately.

My movies seems to rip fine (I have tried both the latest versions of DVDFab Platinum and AnyDVD) and they seem to burn fine (in Nero Recode, DVD Shrink & CloneDVD2). Plays fine in my PC in VLC. However when played on set top boxes the front of the DVD player reads Menu as it normally does when you insert the DVD, but rather then the menu popping up a random scene starts to play.

Pressing Menu on the DVD Remote restarts that scene.

I thought it could have been the burner so I went out and bought a new one (Pioneer DVR-116DBK), same thing is happening though. I thought it might have been a faulty disk so I switched to another DVD I bought, same problem. And I don’t see how it could be the software when it is happening in 2 different rippers and 3 different DVD Shrink/Authoring programs.

Has anyone had this happened? Anyone know how to fix it? Thanks[/QUOTE]

What are the software version of each progam your using? What kinda media are you burning with and the burn speed?

I think the problem could be something with Nero.

I thought I had tried CloneDVD2 but I burnt the movie again with it and it works. Burning in DVD Shrink or Nero Recode (which both use Nero for burning) still does not work. Using DVD Shrink to create an image and using IMGBurn however did also work.

My version of Nero is 8. I can’t check the specific details about the programs (including Nero) or the media right now as I’m at work. I will when I get home though.

I’m thinking of maybe trying a different version of Nero? Either going up to 9 or back to 7.

Oh and I was doing this in Full Disc mode as I like to have all the menus personally. I use DVD Shrink to rip all the special features though. I’ve never had any problems up until about a week ago and I can’t think of anything specific I did to invoke this.

Are you using DVD Shrink to call Nero 8 to burn?

I believe DVD Shrink uses Nero to burn automatically doesn’t it?

Anyways, Versions I was using:

DVDFab Platinum 5.1.1.0
AnyDVD 6.4.7.9
Nero 8.3.6.0
DVD Shrink 3.2
CloneDVD2 2.9.2.0

The disks are 16x Maxell (Media Code: CMCMAGM01)
Verbatim 16x (Media Code: MCC 03RG20)

As I said earlier I got CloneDVD2 and IMGBurn to work, the other programs use Nero to burn so I’m starting to suspect it could be Nero 8 causing the problems. Should I try downgrading to Nero 7?

Just use DVDshrink to dump an ISO file for you (if DVDShrink doesn’t allow you to use IMGBURN to write directly - which it does btw), and then burn the ISO with imgburn.

Give Nero the flick.
It’s only useful for writing the occasional Audio CD, or if you want to make video DVD’s from a compilation of non-dvd format movie shorts or similar :iagree:

DVD Shrink and Nero 8 do not work well together.