Weird problem after upgrading 40125s->48125w

vbimport

After I overclocked my 40125s to 48125w, the nero info tool shows my drive has a max read speed of 12x and max write speed of 40x. I tried to use cdspeed and it is still pcav only the starting speed is 22x and when reaching 40x, it stays there. The overall speed is 35x to 36x but it reports PCAV. Nero recognizes it as 48125w but the max write speed is 40x.

What could be wrong? My drive is manufactured in March 2002. Is it too old?

Originally posted by chuliu
[B]After I overclocked my 40125s to 48125w, the nero info tool shows my drive has a max read speed of 12x and max write speed of 40x. I tried to use cdspeed and it is still pcav only the starting speed is 22x and when reaching 40x, it stays there. The overall speed is 35x to 36x but it reports PCAV. Nero recognizes it as 48125w but the max write speed is 40x.

What could be wrong? My drive is manufactured in March 2002. Is it too old? [/B]

I think it’s all correct…just try out using another type of media…
To ensure yourself about your drive’s max speed try disabling smart burn.

Nero info tool dispayes 12x max reading speed for me too.

Bye

If you only want to see the nice graph in cdspeed, you can also switch off smart burn with nero. Reactivate it before writing to a cd.

To get 48X readspeed shown: insert a data disc that it supports reading at 48X.

To get 48X write: insert a disc that supports 48X writing out of around 15 tested brands only 2 worked and that was discs made by CMC magnetics and Acer media technology. Ritek, prodisc, TY and a shitload of others…none of these worked.

insert a disc that supports 48X writing out of around 15 tested brands only 2 worked and that was discs made by CMC magnetics and Acer media technology. Ritek, prodisc, TY and a shitload of others…none of these worked.

Thought CMC was not worth looking at…Am I missing something?:confused: