Weird/Odd/Old media

vbimport

I had a spindle of random cd-r media from a while back. Found in it some strange/old stuff:

This disk is the sketchiest stuff I ever came across. It was purchased by my boss as office supplies @ officemax ~ 2 years ago. It was a 50 pc spindle of that value disk crap that one can purchase @ officemax or pcrichards. The top of the disks were all covered with a white plastic under which the “compact disk: recordable” symbol can barely be made out (inside the black box on the picture). Also, on the back side of the disk, a black ring covers the serial# or whatever the # is.
Onle 1/3 of the disks actually burned

Overprinted Cd-r. Instead to trash them, manufacturers overprint the defectives or low grade media and sell them cheaper.

Ran into a ton of those in KHypermedia spindles. If you look really closely, you can see logos and “MITSUBISHI” branding. Kinda sketchy, but I never had a problem with them. I just thought, “Hey, Verbatim AZO media for cheap! Sweet!”

This is another weird disk. Who the hell is Multimedia Masters and Machinary?

Interesting MID: 97m28s26f. Lol. :slight_smile:

I bought CD’s made by Multimedia Masters and Machinery in Gigablock brand. I don’t think they are gonna be good. (They’re cheaper than Princo at my local store)

I brought them under Media Cache (Teac) brand over here - 2 years and still no problems :slight_smile: - maybe they’ve changed