Weird MOHAA backup

vbimport

I'm not sure if this is the right forum..... Anyway, I was really bored so I decided to see what I could do with nero. I made a backup of MOHAA using my NEC 5700A as the reader and wrote with my liteon 48125W. The backup worked perfectly.(with hide cdr media on) Now the strange part, I read the backup to an image file using cloneCd, and there were no unreadable sectors at all reported. And no I didn't check "don't report read errors". The weak sectors were still present though(I used betablocker to check). So I was wondering how the heck can my backup still work even if there are no unreadable sectors?:confused:

just another fact that G.O.D works in mysterious ways.

ha yah right!

what happened my son / daughter was it was all a fluke

i cant think of any logical explanation to your findings.

I just tried it with max payne and there are no read errors, yet it still works perfectly. This only occurs when I use nero to make a backup.(Remember I am really bored, otherwise I would have simply used clonecd) Therefore does safedisc 2 not need the unreadable sectors to work or maybe it only relies on weak sectors or maybe I am just completely confused. Anyone else want to try this just for fun? I’ll post my settings if u want.

Why would you waste CDs if you were bored, just does not make sense

Originally posted by Tezmar
I read the backup to an image file using cloneCd, and there were no unreadable sectors at all reported.
There are no SafeDisc errors on the backup when re-read. This is well known. The reproduced patterns on the backup mimic SD.

There are no SafeDisc errors on the backup when re-read. This is well known. The reproduced patterns on the backup mimic SD.

My other safedisc 2 backups(made with clonecd) have unreadable sectors when reread with clonecd. And btw I’m doing this because I have some crappy cdr’s I want to get rid of.

yah same here…the early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!