Weird copy results

I have been trying to make a back up copy of a dvd which is not copy protected and is region free. It is a DL disc and I have tried both with and without anydvd. The copy plays the first title which is about 10 sec long then stops in my dvd player - no access to chapters or anything. The dvd plays ok in clone dvd. I also tried Imgburn to make an iso copy from which I was going to make a dvd - the iso file was about 7.9GB but when I came to write it ImgBurn said the image size was about 1.6MB and 10 sec long! What is going on here ?
Any ideas gratefully received.

[QUOTE=wiggy48;2274374]I have been trying to make a back up copy of a dvd which is not copy protected and is region free. It is a DL disc and I have tried both with and without anydvd. The copy plays the first title which is about 10 sec long then stops in my dvd player - no access to chapters or anything. The dvd plays ok in clone dvd. I also tried Imgburn to make an iso copy from which I was going to make a dvd - the iso file was about 7.9GB but when I came to write it ImgBurn said the image size was about 1.6MB and 10 sec long! What is going on here ?
Any ideas gratefully received.[/QUOTE]

I think you got the software mixed up CloneDVD doesn’t play dvd movies it only copies movies. What is the software you using to play the dvd???

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2274513]I think you got the software mixed up CloneDVD doesn’t play dvd movies it only copies movies. What is the software you using to play the dvd???[/QUOTE]

By playing on clone dvd I mean that it recognises the copy dvd and appears to be able to make another copy. It does not play on a panasonic dvd player (apart from playing the first title - all of 10 seconds and then it stops) or windows media player 11 or Nero 9 etc etc

[QUOTE=wiggy48;2274525]By playing on clone dvd I mean that it recognises the copy dvd and appears to be able to make another copy. It does not play on a panasonic dvd player (apart from playing the first title - all of 10 seconds and then it stops) or windows media player 11 or Nero 9 etc etc[/QUOTE]
Hi Wiggy, CloneDVD2 from Slysoft is the program that this sub forum supports , it does not play movies, it rips them to your hdd or disc. Then you need a player like Windows Media Player to play the DVD. There is no movie that is only 1 mb unless its a clip from a camera or something like that. We need more information to help you.:wink:

Hi Alan
I am trying to copy a DL disc with a run time of 136 mins and extras of 224 minutes and clone dvd wll shrink this onto a dvd5. It appears to write OK and if I put the copy back inot the computer cloe dvd recognises it and the chapter structure to enable me to make a further copy but the dvd will not play on a panasonic dvd player apart from 10 seconds ; likewise it will not play on WMP 11 or Nero 9 and I cannot work out what is going wrong - there are no obvious log files to send but if there is any other info you need please let me know.
Regards
Wiggy

What kinda media are you using and what is your burn speed??? Cheap media will give you bad results even if it says it completed it.

Verbatim dvd-R at 8x

Sounds like your iso is a bad iso image you should go and get the original dvd and use that…

Just to make sure I got this correct:

[QUOTE=wiggy48;2274541]
I am trying to copy a DL disc with a run time of 136 mins and extras of 224 minutes [/QUOTE]
The original disc is 360 minutes or 6 hours long ?
Next what are the files & folders on the disc ?
I suggest trying to play the original & the copy in VLC to see how or if they will play.Then post results of that.
Also try to load both in DVDShrink.
Let us know if this is successful or what errors shrink reports.
Maybe even images of DVDShrink with the discs loaded.