Weird CDR's: Pink, Black & more

I just posted the article Weird CDR’s: Pink, Black & more….

Source: Peterrr

According to an article on Dan’s Data there are many different kinds of CDR’s on the market… Big, small, pink, blue, black, 30 MB cdr’s…

What they have to say:

Black…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/902-Weird-CDRs-Pink-Black--more____.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/902-Weird-CDRs-Pink-Black--more____.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I don’t think people will take you serious when you sell your cd-copies on pink CD-Rs!

Is this a coming out the closet thing???
pink cd`s where is the world going to…

tell me something aboout CDRs that work! The only ones my burner can work with are always the expensive ones. like Philips, Lenco, and Traxdata. Back in the old days every CDR worked, but they also cost about 3 guilders a piece. Back in the old days I sold a single CD with some Twilight game on it for FL 25…without a cover!

Back in the old days…

Again for Robby we bring solution…
Back in the early days your all CDR’s worked fine…
Well Robby, you mean the age that the OLD Cyanine dye was common with every CDR. Nowadays we expect much higher reliability, thus adjusting the dye to our needs. Well, the Taiwanees created PhtaloCyanine (available in various types).
Here is where you’re problem is: Phtalocyanine CDR’s take a little more time to be initialized. Your writer was from the cyanine age and its firmware doesn’t supported this longer period though. If your writer is a well known brand you should easily bypass the problem by upgrading your firmware, however if it was a cheap unknown brand or not very well supported you have bad Luck, otherwise a firmwareupgrade should do the trick…

hi guys
I am planning on buying a playstation to relieve my bordem but i would like to know if i have to install a mod chip even if i copy my cds with clone cd Thanks

He, Stud!
You still need a mod chip to play your copies, but where is the problem? The chip is cheap and it takes about 15min to install it!

Since this is a CDR topice let me post this about a certain CDR that I have gotten from trades…

The verbatim CDR has got to be the worst CDR that I have ever seen… Why? Well I have a folder which I keep all my CDRS in and what happened was that the plastic holding got stuck to ALL these CDRs… So when I went to remove the CDR from the holding it peeled off the top foil of the CDR… This caused the CDR to become unreadable when I put it in my drive… So now Im stuck with CDR’s that onced worked and now dont work because the material Verbatim used stuck to the plastic and caused it to peel… None of my other CDR’s did this…

So moral of the story? Verbatim sucks and dont buy their shit unless you want useless plastic coasters when they peel!

hey stevieB, I got a Traxdata CDRW2260+ , which was pretty good(and fast) back then. This burner is exactly the same as the Philips 3610. The original firmware was 3.01. I recently upgraded it to 3.09. But still it wouldn´t read those ‘new’ CDRs. Traxdata’s burners really SUCK! My advice: don’t buy a Philips or Traxdata burner!

These colorful CDs are firstly produced by Taiwanese…

And there’s more colors… like Purple, Red… etc…

Someone that I met from the net who’s a manufacturer in Taiwan who makes blank CD-Rs

hi, nice to see cdfreaks back up…

i dont know what these are but i can get black cdrs ready printed with playstation passcodes so all you have to do is burn your favourite game to ‘back it up’.

It is NOT PLextor! Absolute identical to Pioneer 212. Even cheap-looks front panel. In retail box only one color front panel. Absent Plextor’s traditional abilities. Only price - Plextors’s. About two times more expencive, then others. Not, it is not Plextor, it’s fake.