Weekly Timer is off by 2 days: 5005 US.184 version of the 1098 firmware

vbimport

Using a Oct 2004, LiteOn 5005 here in the US with the .184 version of the 1098 firmware:

Has anyone noticed that there is a bug in this firmware in that the timer recording is off by 2 days for the Weekly recording. The recording by date and daily recording seems okay.

For example, if you set weekly recording for Friday, it will come on on Sunday, at the correct time and input.

Either the ‘day’ calender for this firmware is off (likely) or the weekly timer algorithm is off by 2.

A big thanks to all those who figured out the 3 hr mode and non MV.

Using a Oct 2004, LiteOn 5005 here in the US with the .184 version of the 1098 firmware:

I should apologize to all about my erroneous earlier post of the .184 version US 098 firmware having a bad weekly recording- IT PROBABLY DOES NOT !!

I had mistakenly entered a 2004 year for this year (2005) early in January and forgot all about it. The LiteON timer recording menu doesn’t actually tell you the weekday when you enter a date and I thought all was set correctly.

Using the current LiteOn timer menu, I have a feeling the date timer recording may fail at the end of the year when you try to enter a recording date for next year as there is no way of specifying the year in a date recording.