Web to dvd

hi Auzzy here

What I am looking for is a piece of software that will convert websites to a standard DVD format so I can surf off-line on my normal home DVD player with all links and contents and photos all intact and used my standard remote control

Wow! I don’t know how that would work other than saving the web page as a jpeg, which I believe some software will do, but your standalone DVD player would have to support jpeg. Also with jpeg it’s just like a picture, you can’t click on links or anything, so you would probably have to down load all linked pages. I don’t think you can convert it to a video format, but maybe someone else knows how to do that.

yeah my DVD player will support a jpeg and plays dix from a USb as well

This seems like it would be quite a project. The first step would be to download a web page and all the linked pages using something like the FireFox extension DownLoadThemAll or a standalone application like httrack, http://www.httrack.com/html/index.html. The second step would be to convert all of those html documents to jpeg images. You would probably need a program that can batch convert rather than doing each one individually. If you are really intent on trying this, google for html to jpeg conversion programs and see what’s available. There is a FireFox extension that can save a page as jpeg, but I don’t think it will pull in all the linked pages. Once you have all of the html converted to jpeg you would need to burn those to a DVD just like a photo slide show. It would depend on your burning program as to how you go about it.
There was a service called Web TV, I believe microsoft bought them and it’s now called msn TV or something like that, which allows you to surf the web from your TV. I don’t know if something like this is available where you are, but it might be worth checking into.

[QUOTE=auzzy;2206379]hi Auzzy here

What I am looking for is a piece of software that will convert websites to a standard DVD format so I can surf off-line on my normal home DVD player with all links and contents and photos all intact and used my standard remote control[/QUOTE]
Ain’t gonna happen.

the main reason I am looking for something like this is that I have all my DVDs catalogue using this program Movie Collector which will let you export your catalogue in html .displaying thumbnails and all relative information of the movies. I guess I could print this out but with DVD library in excess of 2000 DVDs printing it out in full colour would take up a lot of paper not to mention ink.catalogue in html you can easily flip through the thumbnails or the alphabet to choose what you want and watch I can make the catalogue that will play on a computer.just need to make it work on a home DVD player

by the way this is the top piece of software http://www.collectorz.com/movie/?source=adwords&campaign=collectorzbrands&adgroup=moviecollector&ad=004&gclid=CO-N7rPTrpgCFQ8upAodWQ6PVA

I use Acrobat 6 to download webpages set it to auto download it will download the whole website it’s great it will export all your JPEG’s with one click from the web pages as well

[QUOTE=auzzy;2206644]

I use Acrobat 6 to download webpages set it to auto download it will download the whole website it’s great it will export all your JPEG’s with one click from the web pages as well[/QUOTE]

I’m not usre I understand “export all your JPEG’s…as well”. Do you mean it just exports the jpegs that are on the web page or does it convert every web page to jpeg? If you already have the html files (or jpegs) of your movies and you want to view them on your TV why not just convert them (if they are html) all to jpeg, burn a slideshow DVD and be down with it? By the way, I use a free app called Griffith which I use to catalog my movies, but it isn’t web based, the data base is on my PC, but I can also export to html, just haven’t found a reason to do so yet.

thanks mate for the tip

To make a DVD slideshow of my catalogue is not a problem,in jpeg
but it would be nice if I could do a alphabetical search.for example click on M and find all the movies starting with M like matrix
what little information I did find on the Web looks like this may be impossible to do with our booting up the PC