Web Browser Redirect

vbimport

When I try to do a web search or browse a website my browser is being redirected to DVDFab’s website and I can’t access the websites I am trying to get to. Has anyone else experienced this?

No. I havent. Where and what version of Fab do you have installed and where did you download it?

I am using 5.0.8.5 and I downloalded the final from DVDFab.com.

lol that’s odd

The first thing I would do is clear my browser cache. :iagree:

I just tried and it is still redirecting me to DVDFab, I even removed my favorites, including DVDIdle

If you are getting a redirect within your browser, I would suspect that it has been hijacked. I would scan your system for spyware.

Spybot Search and Destroy and/or Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware

:cool::cool:

delete dvdfab then run ccleaner then redown load dvdfab then see if that works

[quote=platinumsword;2115843]If you are getting a redirect within your browser, I would suspect that it has been hijacked. I would scan your system for spyware.

Spybot Search and Destroy and/or Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware

:cool::cool:[/quote]
Thanks for the help. I tried malwarebytes and zone alrarm. Still get the redirect.

I will try that.
Thanks

I uninstalled DVDFab and ran CCLeaner and tried to access a website without reinstalling DVDFab and I still get the redirect.
Thanks for the suggestion.

DVDFab has nothing to do with Virus’ or Browser Hijacking. PERIOD

please read and follow this page.
http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/hijacked/

please report back if it works or not. but for help with the programs you will have to ask in the appropriate forums and the CDFreaks DVDFab sub-forum is not the place. here is a link to the appropriate place for help.

[B][U]please make sure you have followed all of the instructions[/U][/B]

No luck so far, huh?
Sounds like you need to run HijackThis from Trend Micro.
I believe Troy posted a link for you, but in case you missed it:

HijackThis

And here’s forum support for this utlility should you need it:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/security-center/hijackthis-log-help/

Thank you all for the help. I tried everything that was suggested with the same result. I will go to the spyware info website to seek further assistance.