We need new smilies! Vote now!

Animated smilies = distraction = making it harder to read posts = discouraging people from contributing serious reply = lower forum quality = less visitor = less members = cdfreaks dying out

hows that? for an equation :wink:

I put forward a motion where we change the smilies to the one below. They aren’t animated, looks clearer, and conveys the message better.

You’re the voice try and understand it
Make a noise and make it clear
Whoa oh oh
We’re not gonna live in silence
We’re not gonna live in fear
Whoa oh oh
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=you’re+the+voice

1. I don’t want all my previous posts with smilies suddenly using a smiley I never intended to include, so no. :disagree:

2. The smilies listed are in my opinion not as nice as the ones we already have, so no. :disagree:

3. I like ticking choices in polls. :iagree:

4. If we change the current smilies, people will leave, CDFreaks will die, global warming and global cooling will ravage the Earth simultaneously, the Sun will explode, our galaxy will smash into the Pegasus galaxy, the Universe will end in a Big Crunch! :eek: :sad:

:cool:

But we can always add more smilies if there are really GOOD ones :smiley: And we should vote about that :slight_smile:

I voted for “No, keep the old one” because the new smileys looked quite ugly in my opinion. The current design is fine, however I’m missing a few smileys with that design. An innocent cough angel would be nice :wink:

I’d like a new razzie, one that actually sticks out its tongue, so you can see I disagree entirely with the original poster on the use of animated smilies.

animated gifs are bad, mmkay … see proof here.
Open that page, resize, leave it open on your desktop and see how long you can leave it alone despite your brain telling you to hit the X and close the page.

http://www.webhamster.com/

[QUOTE=sorensen721;2307272]animated gifs are bad, mmkay … see proof here. [/QUOTE] No, animated smilies are fine.

A page filled exclusively with animated smilies, however, is annoying… and so is a page filled exclusively with non-animated smilies. :wink:

a ((( smily )))
Yess
:wink:

I’d like to see them added to the ‘Quick Reply’ box…;-)…

Sssssssmile yesssssss

I like them the way they are…maybe a couple of new ones in addition would be cool, but it´s not necessary to get carried away…don´t change things just for the sake of change…

I agree with Draggles: who knows what horrors it could unleash :eek:

[QUOTE=Liggy;2307250]An innocent cough angel would be nice ;)[/QUOTE]

Hehehe :iagree:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2307268]I’d like a new razzie, one that actually sticks out its tongue…[/QUOTE]

Have to agree there as well. The current razzie smiley looks drunk I think (OK for one or two of our members, who shall remain nameless ;))…people don’t razz like that, they poke their tongues out of the MIDDLE of their mouths usually :stuck_out_tongue:

Apart from that…I like our current smileys, although a vote for some extra ones would be excellent IMO :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2307453]Have to agree there as well. The current razzie smiley looks drunk I think (OK for one or two of our members, who shall remain nameless ;))…people don’t razz like that, they poke their tongues out of the MIDDLE of their mouths usually :p[/QUOTE] I use the :stuck_out_tongue: smiley as a tongue-in-cheek smiley for when I’m not quite serious and/or being naughty. :smiley:

I guess what you want is a smaller version of this?! :wink:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2307459]I use the :stuck_out_tongue: smiley as a tongue-in-cheek smiley for when I’m not quite serious and/or being naughty. :smiley:

I guess what you want is a smaller version of this?! :wink:

[/QUOTE]

But it’s a tongue-out-of-cheek smiley (just teasing, I know what you’re saying hehe).

As for the cat…LOL! Nah I think that might be a tad too annoying to use for a smiley. :wink:

There are some quite good animated GIF’s around. I agree that they can be a real pain if overused though. :smiley:

^ Those are great :slight_smile:

This is the razzie I like:

[QUOTE=Dee;2307463]There are some quite good animated GIF’s around. I agree that they can be a real pain if overused though. :D[/QUOTE]

me too
:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: :iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: :iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: :iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: :iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: :iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

[QUOTE=sorensen721;2307272]animated gifs are bad, mmkay … see proof here.
Open that page, resize, leave it open on your desktop and see how long you can leave it alone despite your brain telling you to hit the X and close the page.

http://www.webhamster.com/[/QUOTE]

I love that song … although the original Disney version was alot slower, much lower pitch & had kickass animations to boot :wink:
It’s start & end song, btw :wink:

I left it on for about 5 minutes … but it’s annoying because it’s clipped :stuck_out_tongue:

No new emoticons! Except maybe a … YURCK … or emoticon vomitting icon. We need one of those :iagree:

I like yellow … but prefer orange :stuck_out_tongue:

No boring grey emoticons … except for the uber-happy face :smiley:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2307507]This is the razzie I like:[/QUOTE]

Hehe, that’s the one we had on another forum running UBB (Ultimate Bulletin Board) - I always liked that one too :bigsmile:

I like the ones we have :iagree:

Not distracting to me :disagree:

Have a nice Day :slight_smile: